Advice wanted, full service boatyard West coast of France.

LoneHort

Visit site
Hi folks,
We are in the process of acquiring a new boat in France. She is currently in the Grionde river and we would like to get a few jobs done somewhere broadly between La Rochelle and Santander in Spain before we take her back up to Ireland.
Jobs would include liftout, some electronics upgrades, Installing hydrogenator, some rework in the stanchions involving stainless work and so on.
I am hearing LaRochelle is very busy with lots of boats all drawing off the same pool of limited resources so can anyone recommend a yard somewhere along the coast. Happy to turn to port or stb when leaving the Grionde estuary.
Many thanks in advance.

dk

Visit site
I have used the yard in Arzal, on the Villaine river before. was excellent at the time, although that was a few years ago. They have a marina there too, just above the lock.

DownWest

Visit site
Probably Brittany is your best bet. Rochefort is my local Marina and JS Marine do some decent work. Subcontracters for the systems. There are quite a few service outfits in Minimes ( La Rochelle) and they do good work, though prices are a bit 'interesting'. I had some sails valeted and UV strips changed. Good advice and prompt service.

Turning south out of Girond, nothing really until the border areas. No idea about Spain.
I sorted engine stuff for an ex Admirals cupper and introduced them to Arzal, where they stayed for a while on the 'dry' system. ( Phone up, boat launched before you arrive, sail off) There are service places there.

La Trinite has some, as does Lorient, but no exact knowledge.