Advice sought on Wharram cats and self-building (in general) *n0ob*

coenvanwyk

todreamoftheocean.blogspot.com
I have to repeat: Fools build boats so thers can enjoy them. And you will certainly, once you are half way, get a lovely boat just as you want, for a miserable pittance.

Having said that, I failed to listen to the Pardeys: Go small, go simple, go now. I decided to have someone build a boat the way I wanted, and then compromised to keep the designer/builder happy. He dumped me half way so I am about to start sail trails five years later. But what interesting, mind-stretching years. In the end you are going to get the set of compromises you decided on. And you will have a set of people who will tell you you can't do this, you have to use that product, and so on. Grow a deaf ear. Do your thingk, enjoy, go sailing.

I looked long and hard at a Wharram, almost bought a Tiki, almost built one, but decided on steel. Also for space for the wife, who now thinks the boat is not a good idea for ocean crossing, she prefers a 747.

Visit site
Have a look at our friends site " The Gleda Project" ...his name is Neil Hawksford..... we met them in France and are now sat with them here in Cartagena Spain....he built his own Wharram Tiki 38...he lives aboard fulltime with his partner Gail.... if you contact him through his site he will be more than Happy to discuss any aspect of building one....Tell him Garry off "Friendship" recommended him..