Advice please, have I got too much weight in aft locker ?

Sixpence

Visit site
Anyone know if my transom is supposed to sit this low ?

SeasEnd060_1_2.jpg

I'll be speaking to the designers tomorrow but was out all today and it's been hinted at that she may be a bit low in the water, so a bit concerned /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Apologies for the poor pic, obviously it was getting dark when I left /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

JKay

Visit site
will it not sit higher with that big long sticky up bit on the front /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cheers Joe

Sixpence

Visit site
Nah, that goes in the middle, would have to be something a lot heavier up front but I can't think of anyone, I mean anything, I could use /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

spottydog

www.Eastern-Telephones.co.uk
Hi David
I saw Sixpence monday evening and thought she looked a fine vessel, well done.
I brought an Albin Vega up from Harwich to Fosdyke marina over the weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip, with the challenges posed by timing each leg for the tidal constraints on the entrances to Wells and the Welland cut. It was pleasant to sail North of Gt. Yarmouth for a change, the coastline of N. Norfolk is particularly lovely from the sea.
If you need crew for your journey South or return, PM me.

John.

Roach1948

www.dallimoredesigns.nl
For a small light displacement yacht she does not seem that far down to me. Could it be her waterline is not painted to her lines? Often, after years of different owners, this can wander about.

The fact is that it is hard getting the correct trim on small yachts - you just have to do your best to get as much of the heavy stuff out of the ends and near the mast, but that is not always possible. It usually ends up being a big compromise. I would see how she sails first and then play with the trim.

Sixpence

Visit site
Thank you all, for the witty replies as well as the helpful /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I shall have a look at the balance a bit more when I've installed the shower and saloon bar /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John, thanks, much appreciated, if you see us down there don't forget to say hello.

Sixpence

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Was the question you REALLY wanted to ask: "Does my arse look big in this?" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to admit I was tempted, but knowing what sort of answers I'd get I thought, maybe not /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JKay

Visit site
Pls pass on my regards.
Pls ask Matt if his "Mayday" passed muster
Pls put your stick up and stop worrying about your saggy ar5e
pls FO and go sailing /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Kindest Regards A concerned lurker