Advice about Saint Alban's head passage tomorrow

stephen_h

Visit site
Isn't it just easier to go outside the sounds rather than risk getting it wrong?
Looked at going through them once but found so much different advice I think I confused myself!
Plans changed and went to Tenby instead :)

MoodyChris

Visit site
It adds a few hours and I think introduces other issues in terms of what to avoid and I read it can catch the weather - so the advice I read was if it's too windy for the sounds then it's too windy to go around.

If I do the journey again I might be tempted to go around though as it wasn't a pleasant experience, despite the sounds being relatively easy to navigate on the day.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
Isn't it just easier to go outside the sounds rather than risk getting it wrong?
Looked at going through them once but found so much different advice I think I confused myself!
Plans changed and went to Tenby instead :)
Ramseybis judged relatively easy to do (just dont run into the bitches) but hard to avoid as bishops and numerous dangerous rocks outside ramsey.

The wild goose race outside skomer rather fierce so one need the same timing as jack sound - less tense making but potentially more unpleasant and I have had water over the decks outside skomer when i didnt fancy waiting for jack