Additional Genoa car for heavy weather jib

stranded

Visit site
Maybe then I have given the wrong impression by describing it as the coachroof. Picture attached together with one (of the matching) padeyes.

stranded

Visit site
Sorry, struggled to resize pics. The black one is the genny track, the silver one is for the Bimini.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1349.jpeg
    IMG_1349.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 10

flaming

Visit site
Sorry, struggled to resize pics. The black one is the genny track, the silver one is for the Bimini.
Those tracks are fine for the HW jib. Sheet inside the shrouds to the front of it. Assuming of course that your sail has been cut correctly.... If the lead is no good from a fore/aft point of view then you need to have a chat with your sailmaker.

The padeyes could have a number of uses. Given how inboard the tracks are, you could use a snatch block and an extra sheet to get a better lead for your genoa on a reach. They wouldn't be great positions for a spinnaker guy though, bit too far inboard and will likely not get a great run with the position of the stantion in front and the size of the toerail.

If I was you I'd consider using a second car on the track, linked to the 1st by a short length of dynema. You can then lead one sheet through each (with the HW sheet going through the forward one) and adjust the car from the cockpit regardless of which one is actually in use.

stranded

Visit site
Thanks very much flaming - sounds very doable and especially like the idea of connecting the cars - hadn’t thought of that. Hopefully the sail is cut right - it’s by Sanders in Lymington and I’ve yet to hear a bad word about them. Anyway, we’ll have a play and see.