Abandoned Boat for sale

parbuckle

Visit site
Parbuckle,

any chance of a link to this home page please ?

Seajet link on my post #14

Just add my bet was that Contessa 32 s were available in part build so I am glad you confirmed that. I agree this abandoned boat is not a Contessa 32 just similar.

Last edited:

Seajet

Visit site
Parbuckle,

I must admit, seeing the S&S 34 with different windows to the ones I'm used to it is a lot closer to the Gamble Gold than I'd thought, but still not quite there, the aft end of the coachroof where it meets the coaming is wrong.

parbuckle

Visit site
I think it could be there seem to be variations of all kinds over the years bit like the Contessa 32 built in Canada some with wheel helm. They are going to lift her before the auction ends so may get an idea of whats lurking under the surface.

Eyore

Visit site
I must admit, seeing the S&S 34 with different windows to the ones I'm used to it is a lot closer to the Gamble Gold than I'd thought, but still not quite there, the aft end of the coachroof where it meets the coaming is wrong.

The S&S 34 has a distinct touch of midships tumbleholme as opposed to that slabby sided red one in the OP.

gwyx.jpg

Last edited:

doug748

Visit site
"I remember the short period when Contessa 32's were available as kits, they were always very expensive relatively; I can't imagine a hull ending up with any old deck and anyway the transom isn't right." Seajet.

Well, well.

There was a CO32 sold in Spain a couple of years ago. It had an unusual coach roof and other odd features, there was speculation at the time as to if it was fitted like that from new from mouldings or as a result of a gutting fire. It turned up on E Bay several months later. A pal of mine was thinking of looking at it but decided against.

I think there may have been one other, but I can't bring the details to mind. However the boat in question is not a Contessa 32.

ianat182

Visit site
Perhaps the yacht is another of the Sparkman Stephens genre the SHE 33(9.5) there are a couple for sale on the Apollo Duck that give a better view of the hullshape and topsides, closely similar to the S&S designs.

ianat182

antaris

astarteginfizz.wixsite.com
The Carters were designed by American Dick Carter ( who did a lot of successful racers and the earlier Southerly's lift keel gear ) - the 30's were built in Gdansk Poland, fitted out with British equipment, volvo saildrives and marketed in Britain.

The Carter 33 I met had been built in Greece.

While we're at it and to my understanding Dick Carter did initiate the production of the Carter 30 and 33 in Greece during the late 70s. Many still going strong, I see them all the time aroung Athens. Their hulls are bulletproof, their fittings average. Very economic to buy...

Tranona

Visit site
While we're at it and to my understanding Dick Carter did initiate the production of the Carter 30 and 33 in Greece during the late 70s. Many still going strong, I see them all the time aroung Athens. Their hulls are bulletproof, their fittings average. Very economic to buy...

They were the mainstay of the early charter fleets which explains why there are so many still around.

wazza

Visit site
Now she's up to £3,100.
Standing on the hard can work out expensive at £14 per day, unless of course you could strike a deal as she'll be there for a while..

Last edited:

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
The CO32 has a similar hull to the Roberts 34, but the obvious difference in appearance is the number of portlights. The Roberts has three on each side.