A Poll - Liveaboards Post Brexit Return or Remain?

Brexit means return to the UK or renounce your UK rights. What would you do?

• Return to the UK?

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Take foreign nationality. residency and forfeit your UK privileges?

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters

nortada

Visit site
This raises the question of how do you get to your country of residence? If flying, no problem but, if travelling by road to say Spain or Portugal, then presumably passport will be stamped when entering France but no exit stamp until going back to UK as travel will have been within Schengan area so, will appear to have overstayed the 90 days.

By sea - one hop✔️

Additional bonus qualifying leg for Yachtmaster Ocean - not that the EU will recognise it.;)

jordanbasset

Visit site
Sorry if the question was to me , I can't answer it , talking out of my ass again , I believe being a national of a EU country and having a RP in a EU country is two.very different thing m another example.
Someone from Africa manage to get a RP to live in the UK , it doesn't give them free moment throughout the EU . Correct me if I am wrong someone .

That is the situation as I understand it Vic, many refugees from Syria etc have been given residence in one country or another, a lot in Germany. That does not give them freedom of movement to come to the UK, for example, to stay

Tranona

Visit site
That is the situation as I understand it Vic, many refugees from Syria etc have been given residence in one country or another, a lot in Germany. That does not give them freedom of movement to come to the UK, for example, to stay

While that is correct - it is only because the UK is not in the Schengen area. They are free to move around most of continental EU. There are other ways being in the EU that allows them the right to take up residence in the UK for example by marrying an EU citizen.

jordanbasset

Visit site
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/jha/113463.pdf
'Concerning free movement, third country nationals with a long-stay visa are put on the same footing as third country nationals holding valid residence permits: They will be able to move freely for up to three months in any six-month period within the territories of the other Schengen states. This is important for two reasons: First, for the general purpose of free travel within the Schengen area and second, for the specific purpose of transit through another Schengen state when returning from the country that issues the visa.'

Pretty much what I thought it was, you are still only allowed 3 months in any 6 months in the rest of the E.U., it does not give you freedom of movement which we currently enjoy
I appreciate with Schengen it is difficult to enforce but if you do come into contact with officialdom in your travels and you have breached the 3 month time period there will be consequences. These could include a fine, immediate deportation or getting banned from entering the Schengen Zone for a specific amount of time.
If you have a boat that could be very difficult and I personally would not take the risk, others might

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
How long is a long stay visa and anybody got one?

I not sure there is a long stay visa , visa for Europe for non EU is 90 in 180 days .
Germany did have some kind of extended visa for Turkey once but since the problem , I think that's come to a end .
And I think US citizens have some kind of agreement in France . To extend there visa .

nortada

Visit site
How long is a long stay visa and anybody got one?

I not sure there is a long stay visa , visa for Europe for non EU is 90 in 180 days .
Germany did have some kind of extended visa for Turkey once but since the problem , I think that's come to a end .
And I think US citizens have some kind of agreement in France . To extend there visa .

Posted more details on Long Stay (D) Visas at: http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...h-March-2019-amp-Beyond&p=6545559#post6545559

Heckler

Visit site
If Brexit means that you and your boat can either return to the UK or take foreign nationality and so renounce all your rights and privileges as a British Citizen, what would you do?

What happened before we joined? Did we not go sailing?

Heckler

Visit site
If Brexit means that you and your boat can either return to the UK or take foreign nationality and so renounce all your rights and privileges as a British Citizen, what would you do?

In Ferrgudo and talking to a Belgian skipper, he says eu is crazy, if you is illegal immigrant they will give you accommodation, money etc, if you is British they will kick you out and fine you for having red diesel in your tank! So money to spend, punish you, no money, give give give!

macd

Visit site
eu is crazy, if you is illegal immigrant they will give you accommodation, money etc, if you is British...

Just out of interest, what nationality are you, English evidently being your second language? Illegal immigrants, incidentally, are illegal; you and your Belgian acquaintance may be thinking of asylum seekers. This should help if you need to apply: https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum Help is also available for the language test.

Vic, mate did that, his Irish reg run out, big probs now renewing!

Then he might consider registering it somewhere else. Flag state is irrelevant to EU fiscal status of a pleasure craft.

Heckler

Visit site
Just out of interest, what nationality are you, English evidently being your second language? Illegal immigrants, incidentally, are illegal; you and your Belgian acquaintance may be thinking of asylum seekers. This should help if you need to apply: https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum Help is also available for the language test.

Then he might consider registering it somewhere else. Flag state is irrelevant to EU fiscal status of a pleasure craft.

Do keep up at the back! I was quoting the Belgian whose English I quoted! If you want to do sarcasm, suggest you take a few lessons!
The Guy with a second passport, Irish, doesnt have an address in the UK or Ireland! so next!

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Do keep up at the back! I was quoting the Belgian whose English I quoted! If you want to do sarcasm, suggest you take a few lessons!
The Guy with a second passport, Irish, doesnt have an address in the UK or Ireland! so next!

Stu if I understand him correctly in per posting his plain is to go back to distain shore so he won't have the problem we have . Wish him luck any way , we all in the same boat .