A heads up for those with diesel injection issues around Faro, Portugal

Beneteau381

Visit site
I had probs with a bit of smoking from the exhaust the other day. Hard running cleared the exhaust but I had a niggle about my injector nozzles which I had fitted a year or so ago but hadnt been able to check the break points.
So, who could do this for me?
I found a superb guy in Olhao. Jose Julio Resende, Tel 919 264 099. A proper old fashioned diesel workshop with two diesel pump refurb machines and from my point of view a hand test pump. He ultra sonically cleaned then tested 4 and set one. 225 bar spot on.
He and I chatted in Portuguese and swapped war stories. He was a gentleman, highly knowledgeable.
He only charged me €20, I gave him a good drink.
All back together, engine sounds good, smoking stopped. Happy!
Stu

Bilgediver

Visit site
I had probs with a bit of smoking from the exhaust the other day. Hard running cleared the exhaust but I had a niggle about my injector nozzles which I had fitted a year or so ago but hadnt been able to check the break points.
So, who could do this for me?
I found a superb guy in Olhao. Jose Julio Resende, Tel 919 264 099. A proper old fashioned diesel workshop with two diesel pump refurb machines and from my point of view a hand test pump. He ultra sonically cleaned then tested 4 and set one. 225 bar spot on.
He and I chatted in Portuguese and swapped war stories. He was a gentleman, highly knowledgeable.
He only charged me €20, I gave him a good drink.
All back together, engine sounds good, smoking stopped. Happy!
Stu
It is great when you find places like that. Many years ago when an engineer on ships at sea dealing with a pair ships with the troublesome Ruston A O two stroke medium speed engines, one problem in the early days was the servicing of injection nozzles which required more than the usual attention. I discovered a company in Vancouver BC who were dealing with local marine, railroad and transportation fuel injection systems who subsequently gave u great service with quality. Fred Holmes must have got it right . Everything now from the humble yacht Yanmar to a deep sea Sulzer.

Spring Tune Up - Fred Holmes Fuel Injection