A good crossing, worth waiting for.

MontyMariner

montymariner.co.uk
On Tuesday I took the boat down the Frome, hardly a breath of wind, so anchored in Studland, lazed around on Wednesday forecast still windless. I realised that I would need to go into Poole as liquid provisions were depleting faster than expected so Thursday upped anchor and motored into Poole marina (£7.50 4hr stay) so made the most of it, restocked and a pub lunch, then back to Studland, the forecast looked promising for Friday, so got to grips with connecting to the Boarder Force sight to do the online C1331bit, not the easiest of processes I've come across, I did the leaving bit but it led me straight into the return bit, which is open ended so picked a random date! The Cherbourg PAF is a lot easier, fill in form and mail it.
Friday, sails up, upped anchor at 08:00, motored out to Old Harry then got some wind. F4 WSW, it might have picked up to a 5 for a bit as I got 6.6 SOG, warm and sunny. This made for one of my fastest crossings, arrived at Grand Rade 19:30 BST.
Crossing the W-E traffic I only had a problem with one ship intent on mowing me down so when he was getting to close for comfort I gave him a shout on 16 and asked his intention! He then swung 5 degrees to pass behind.
Now sitting at Marina office to await Customs and passport stamp and it's drizzling outside.

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com

wonkywinch

Visit site
Only warp-drive (as distinct from warp-stop) craft will have departure and arrival times identical...
MM said "I did the leaving bit but it led me straight into the return bit, which is open ended so picked a random date!" My point is that any date other than tomorrow (within 24 hours) is invalid or not required at this stage.

James_Calvert

Visit site
Last month I forgot to submit my drafted outward journey before losing mobile signal, but managed to get it off just before arrival in St Peter Port.

If the Home Office/Border Force cared, I've yet to hear.