A Challange to Sixpence

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Dave

I have a set of coastal flares you can 'borrow' of you want. They may be just out of date but as a just in case they'll do!

We just need to arrange logistics. Flares in B'sea, me near Diss. Pass by the Orwell on the way home so could get to Beyond Reason / Morgana perhaps?

PM me if want to borrow. Won't need them again until next season!

Sixpence

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you've completely run out of excuses Davey
Boy!

Stitched up, hoist by your own petard, and hung out to dry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie, I have to admit that we are both absolutely gobsmacked by the generosity and encouragement on here /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I will be busy sending out PM's to everyone for a while, but needless to say, Sixpence shall go to the ball, just as soon as possible. Looking forward to the trip with trepidation, but as said, the only thing holding us back so far is lack of certain items of equipment coupled with an inability to purchase them until one of these job interviews I keep attending, comes up trumps /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Many thanks to everyone, and watch out for the little flashing flag thingy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clive, thanks buddy, but I bet you thought I was going to carry on hiding in my weed infested river, didn't ya ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
Dave, I have just realised, you won't need any GPS equipment even though you have had generous offers of a loan of said equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can lend you my sextant!

Just remember to bring the sun down at local noon and you'll be fine!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Offers being accepted immediately, and we aim to move as soon as possible after that /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Even aiming to use the hankie for as much of the trip as possible, though Jim's outboard would probably get us there in no time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
It's a great offer Dave but don't get stressed over it. We all enjoy a bit of teasing (even you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) . You would be bonkers to even think about a trip like that on your own with your limited ( /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif if I might be so bold) sailing experience in a boat you are no familiar with (except in the biblical sense that you have been intimate with Sixpence /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif). Accept some skippering help, borrow some kit, stock up on loo rolls and set forth when circumstances permit.

The feeling of achievement on actually getting there will live with you months or years. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I still look back at my trip bringing Sabre back from Plymouth (having only day-sailed before that) and think "blimey did I do that"/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I can lend you some Immodium (just don't give it back once used /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

Sixpence

Visit site
Yep, exactly what we decided to do, so we will hopefully be able to coincide the sail with when certain others can make it so we don't do anything stupid. Not well known for thinking the sensible I know when to accept my limitations and a trip like this would be daft to do on our own, as a first sail on her, and without knowing how she feels. Advice and help always gratefully accepted in here.

sailorman

Visit site
where is this

Picture083.jpg

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Dave

I could run shotgun for you from....say Brancaster.....stop over in Lowestoft....then down sarf as far as necassary.....depending when, as the house sale looks to be going through shortly....

Sixpence

Visit site
Thanks Doug, much appreciated and once everything is ready and worked out we will go for it. Shouldn't take long at all now

Why do I get the feeling that this stitch up has been hatched at the weekend when all got together to clean up Sirenia ? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

old_salt

Visit site
Hi Dave.
Have a good trip. I look forward to hearing about it.
Just one note make sure you check out the rudder head stock for the little free play it had when we brought her up the cut. The forces on the rudder gear are constant and phenomenal when at sea and you want everything to be 110%.
Our Charlotte gets wed this weekend so I am fully occupied with a house full of bridal gear.
Cheers and all the best David.

Sixpence

Visit site
Thanks David, plan to have a look at the rudder tomorrow

Pass on best wishes to Charlotte from both of us, and have a tot of the good stuff on standby, lovely lass, you're going to find it hard to let her go

Doug
It seems that the skipper of Sixpence is Louise, or at least she thinks so /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

beancounter

Visit site
Dave,

late to the party as usual, but I have a handheld VHF (ICOM M31) and a handheld GPS (Garmin 72) that you could borrow. Ditto a copy of "East Coast Rivers", and possibly some charts (can't remember what i've sold).

Probably a few other bits as well, in my "taken off the boat before selling, 'cos it may come in useful" box in the loft.

We're all conspiring against you, aren't we....? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers

John