A Challange to Sixpence

CliveG

Visit site
Dave.

It is time to stop talking the talk and to walk the walk.
I can offer you use of Sailormans mooring on the Deben for the rest of the year as I will not be able to use it.

Time to drag her out of that weedy ditch and come down to a nice muddy river.

Consider the Gauntlet to be on the floor.

sailorman

Visit site
Waiting wiv bated brefs /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.
did you tell im theres a Pub you have to walk passed to launch the dinghy /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
He can tow waterskiers with that engine of mine on the back. Shouldnt take more than a few hours.

Dave, wanna borrow a trailer? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CliveG

Visit site
Roger

Thank you for pointing that out.

Dave

There is also my dinghy at Ramsholt that you may borrow to get out to Sixpence once you have her there.
There is a good slipway at Robinson's boat yard, Woodbridge. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
You would not have to go to sea to get to the mooring.

Clive

CliveG

Visit site
He is not loged on according to the Who's online page.
We will just have to leave this hook in the water and wait for a bite. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Clive
Thank you, and yes, we would love to take you up on this offer
However
Sixpence will have to go by sea, not overland
Some things still need to be sorted before we can go for it, such as
Insurance - Comments please
Depth transducer not working yet - Comments please (dual frequency transducer, ST50 display, incompatible plugs so I need to chop off the plug and rewire to the one that is compatible, and I can't find a wiring diagram)
Lifejackets/Flares - Don't have, no income so can't buy (work around here is non existant at the moment)
Transport - One of the reasons we originally went for Wells, is because it's closer, though coincidentally we have been looking into moving so Felixstowe area would be a good place to start. But initially, it would take a few days to sail Sixpence around, and then we need to get back. Or I find someone willing and able to take a few days off to help me move her and Louise can pick up from the other end.
So yes, we would love to do it, but the main stumbling blocks at the moment are the finances, and safety equipment.
Already putting out feelers for some help with kit, but anything anyone else wants to chip in would be appreciated. The depth transducer has me a little baffled at the moment. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Excuses, excuses .....

Insurance - read my recent insurance survey - nautical insurance services and gjw came out tops on recommendation (easy to deal with, good at paying out in event of claim) and low cost premiums.

Echo sounder. So what? Sailed back from Gosport to SYH in the dark with no echo sounder. Get a cheap handheld gps and plot your location or swing the lead.

Lifejackets - borrow some. I have some primitive ones you could borrow.

Flares - an optional extra in my opinion. If you're really fussed, see if someone can unload some just out of date ones in your direction. That's all I had until I thought they were soooo out of date they ought to be replaced.

Transport - post for help.

Stop f@rtin about and get going.

If CPD can sail out the Azores you can get Sixpence into the Deben.

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TimBob1989

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Or I find someone willing and able to take a few days off to help me move her

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just need a bit of grunt, count me in. Probably not up to the job of pilotting yet though.

Re lifejackets - why not try approaching some of the boat yards that hire boats on the Norfolk Broads. If you're not bothered about fashion then they might shift a few of the lumpy old fashioned foam ones your way as I noticed last time that some yards are replacing these with the posh 'blow up' ones.

They were doing this at Eastwood Whelpton when we hired from them last year. Tim and Anne are very nice folk and it makes a nice day out anyway.

Re flares - presumably you're not going to be doing a great deal of off-shore cruising in Sixpence, so you wouldn't need the full arsenal, probably hand red, orange smoke and maybe red parachute. Just out of date ones would be a good idea as mentioned.

Any help I can be of give us a shout.

Slow_boat

My own cosy little world where nice things happen
Visit site
Dave,

Flares? I have't any, though I really should.

Life jackets? A must have, really ( though I don't always wear one)

Echo sounder? I have an old seafarer, (the type that takes a pp9 battery, I think) that you're welcome to but no transducer. Sixpence will float in a puddle anyway, a bamboo cane or a long boathook painted in stripes will do the job, or just make a lead line up.

Let me know when you want to get her round, I'll see if I can give you a hand.

Duncan

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Lumpy foam filled unfashionable lifejackets as previously mentioned - I'm pretty sure I have some of those in the garage which you can have if you want.

The 'primitive' afore-mentioned jobs I have on Beyond Reason as spares should I have more people on board than usual and a shortage of ljs. They are the sort you have to blow up BEFORE falling in the water!

Orange smokes and hand held red flares cost about a tenner each. You only need those fancy £25 parachutes if you're going out of sight of land. You won't be needing them. I don't have any.

flipper

Visit site
Hi Dave

Not exactly on your list but I have a 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher and a pair of lightly used crewsaver wellies (size 10) that I could donate.
I also have a garmin etrex handheld GPS that you are welcome to borrow until you get permanent stuff sorted out. It's not the marine version but will do for getting lat and long to transfer to the chart.

Patrick

FullCircle

Visit site
Sixpence will have to go by sea, not overland
Some things still need to be sorted before we can go for it, such as
Insurance - Comments please - Third party only. About 65 quid.
Depth transducer not working yet - Comments please (dual frequency transducer, ST50 display, incompatible plugs so I need to chop off the plug and rewire to the one that is compatible, and I can't find a wiring diagram)
Got a complete NASA unit you can have/borrow.
-
Lifejackets/Flares - Don't have, no income so can't buy (work around here is non existant at the moment)
Got 2 LJs you can borrow. Got a box of flares out of date you can have.

Transport - One of the reasons we originally went for Wells, is because it's closer, though coincidentally we have been looking into moving so Felixstowe area would be a good place to start. But initially, it would take a few days to sail Sixpence around, and then we need to get back. Or I find someone willing and able to take a few days off to help me move her and Louise can pick up from the other end.
So yes, we would love to do it, but the main stumbling blocks at the moment are the finances, and safety equipment.
I can always lend you the trailer and you can use that if you wish.

Already putting out feelers for some help with kit, but anything anyone else wants to chip in would be appreciated. The depth transducer has me a little baffled at the moment.
Havent got any chips, only the bits mentioned.

PS have got the ensign too......