24 hour party people, be warned!

Carmel2

Visit site
If you're going to be in the Argolic and Saronic, keep an eye on this lot's itinerary. Basically upwards of 40 yachts and cats 45ft min all stuffed to the max, plus support boats on a 24 hour banging party. This is not about people wanting to sail, it's about an Ibiza rave on sea: sun, sea, sex and puking. They took over half of Porto Heli last night, rafted up at anchor fore and aft, 20 odd boats a raft x 2, not a thought for anyone else.

https://www.theyachtweek.com/greece

Lon nan Gruagach

Visit site
pretty good for just about everyone...
if you like noise you know where to be, if you dont, you only have to avoid the one spot rather than a load dotted all over the place.

Sandyman

Visit site
I would have loved to have done something like this.........when I was younger.....

I did. Many many times but we still, in those days, had consideration for fellow yachtsmen & sailors. Today's lot don't give a shit about anything or anyone. Apologies for the verbals but they really really annoy me.
Only last year we were amongst 30 odd yachts in a lovely peaceful anchorage when just after dark one of those bloody disco boats dropped his hook right in the middle. Blasted out ear piercing mumbo jumbo noise, what they call music til 0200. And you can do nothing about it.

Lon nan Gruagach

Visit site
I did. Many many times but we still, in those days, had consideration for fellow yachtsmen & sailors. Today's lot don't give a shit about anything or anyone. Apologies for the verbals but they really really annoy me.
Only last year we were amongst 30 odd yachts in a lovely peaceful anchorage when just after dark one of those bloody disco boats dropped his hook right in the middle. Blasted out ear piercing mumbo jumbo noise, what they call music til 0200. And you can do nothing about it.

Could be worse, could be in Scotland where its not mumbo jumbo but diddly diddly till 6 or 8 am

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com

Scuba gear on, tools in pouch. Dive on anchor and remove shackle pin..... Noise drifts away on the evening breeze......

charles_reed

Visit site
We had a similar experience in turkey a few years ago and they were all Russians.

Russians do appear to be the biggest sinners, but they're usually in the Aegean.
Perhaps the "24-hour party people" could be persuaded to publish their itinerary, those who wish to avoid can do so, those who want to join can do so.
It's no good moaning, they're here to stay.
One of the reasons I avoid Xania is the late night disco on the visitor berthing pier.

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
Obviously, none have you have been within hearing distance of a Greek Wedding.

And over the next 5 weeks every Greek will be attending the local festival, usually at the seaside, fireworks at mid-night, clarina playing from 22:00 to 02:00. Noise then becomes illegal, so that calls for further celebrations to demonstrate the stupidity of the law.

telford_mike

Visit site
Obviously, none have you have been within hearing distance of a Greek Wedding.

Absolutely. Last June we got what I thought was a really good spot on the yacht quay at Vathi on Ithaca. Took this pic from our stern at about 3am, didn't get much sleep.

wpid-2015-06-20-22.24.20.jpg.jpeg