23rd July

byron

RIP
Visit site
As they have done for almost 30 years the Swan Upper Support Boats will be overnighting at Ashmount on July 23rd. They will be enjoying a Fish n Chip supper provided by the Beetle & Wedge. The Swan Uppers Skiffs will be stored over night at the Beetle & Wedge.

oldgit

Visit site
Do they publish any details about if the swan population is increasing or decreasing and as to general health ?

Flynnbarr

Visit site
There was a piece on the local news last week saying that they are worried about declining numbers due to the increase in shootings and even crossbow attacks.They said that Swans are naturally inquisitive and associate humans with food.
Aren't we a wonderful species:(

Did Sunbury to Windsor last year on a friends boat,had a couple of V&D's on board.Interestingly they told us the Queen's mob make no financial contribution to the event! She's a tightwad:)

chief1

Visit site
Did Sunbury to Windsor last year on a friends boat,had a couple of V&D's on board.Interestingly they told us the Queen's mob make no financial contribution to the event! She's a tightwad:)[/QUOTE]

This statement is categorically not correct!

Flynnbarr

Visit site
Did Sunbury to Windsor last year on a friends boat,had a couple of V&D's on board.Interestingly they told us the Queen's mob make no financial contribution to the event! She's a tightwad:)

This statement is categorically not correct![/QUOTE]

That is what they told us!
I believed them,they are big chaps:)

Visit site
There was a piece on the local news last week saying that they are worried about declining numbers due to the increase in shootings and even crossbow attacks. Not to mention some of the foreign visitors eating them.They said that Swans are naturally inquisitive and associate humans with food.
Aren't we a wonderful species:()

Last edited:

byron

RIP
Visit site

Absolute rubbish. The Palace fund the Queens Swan Uppers and have a big say in how the Upping is carried out.

Flynnbarr

Visit site
Hey Bumperdump your a bad man editing my post,could you edit the end piece it's absolute rubbish:)

I bow to Byron's greater knowledge and must apologise to Queenie,I hope I don't get sent to the Tower!
I wonder why they told us that.
Must have been the beer talking.

Visit site
Hey Bumperdump your a bad man editing my post,could you edit the end piece it's absolute rubbish:)

I bow to Byron's greater knowledge and must apologise to Queenie,I hope I don't get sent to the Tower!
I wonder why they told us that.
Must have been the beer talking.

:encouragement:

Visit site
nice river up that way................
20150621_135524_zpsilr8dhzn.jpg

20150620_204446_zpsxwiaots3.jpg

20150620_201119_zpsftoeoaph.jpg

Flynnbarr

Visit site
I was Byron,that's what I said in my 1st post.

Never mind that now:),important stuff.........Is that a Broom Continental called Oshtun in the 2nd pic? That has got to be the nicest one I've ever seen.Only seen it on the odd occasion over the years.

byron

RIP
Visit site
I was Byron,that's what I said in my 1st post.

Never mind that now:),important stuff.........Is that a Broom Continental called Oshtun in the 2nd pic? That has got to be the nicest one I've ever seen.Only seen it on the odd occasion over the years.

Yes! t'was Oshtun and he does keep rather nice. he's the present Commodore. Ooops! sorry, did not read your first post carefully enough. Speed reading be damned, one does miss loads.

matt_lake

Visit site
Yes! t'was Oshtun and he does keep rather nice. he's the present Commodore. Ooops! sorry, did not read your first post carefully enough. Speed reading be damned, one does miss loads.

I used to own Oshun. We re-named her when we took over from the previous owner as he retained her then name Water Magic. It's my current boat moored alongside her. It was an odd sensation stepping aboard her again. We owned her for 4 years, the current owners have had her for over 10 years and yet it still felt like my boat.

byron

RIP
Visit site
That explains a lot. Brian & Viv who owned Water Magic cruised extensively. They keep their craft better than pristine, they always were meticulous. Brian was the Skipper of the Fire Boat in London. His daughter handled a boat, any boat, as if it was designed around her. She was a joy to watch, the son is following in his Father's footsteps and is a Fireman too.

matt_lake

Visit site
You're right about Brian's maintenance routine. She was (and still is) in fantastic order. As you know, they were members of TVCC for many years which is how we knew them and got to hear that Water Magic was for sale. My other half went to view her and made them an offer there and then. I was on the 8th Tee at St Mellion when I found out we had a new boat. Brian and Viv were gobsmacked.

Other threads that may be of interest