22 metre yacht abandoned

kashurst

Visit site
illegals who have nicked it in africa/libya/syria and beached it and done a runner? boat that big full of diesel could do 1500+ miles at 8 - 10 kns

lambohill

Visit site
Just checked my phone,
friend sent this pic back in September 2019 after a storm. Apparently at the time rumour was that it incurred a €6k a month fine and if it wasn't shifted by November it was to be scrapped.
Seems to be same vesselimage.jpg

julians

Visit site
Yeah, it was washed up there during a storm around this time last year. Its just been sat there all this time.

PalmaTarga

Visit site
From what I heard the owner died and the boat was left to the family. It beached during the storms last year and the family have not been able to afford to do anything with her.

MapisM

Visit site
They're doing a proper demolition job on it with a JCB
Geez... Aside from being very sad to hear of a Cantieri di Pisa masterpiece demolished with a digger, it also strikes me of stupidity.
I mean, I can imagine that she might be beyond repair, but unless she has already been extensively robbed while she was ashore, that boat was fitted with nothing but the best components available.
Just as the first example that pops to my mind, I don't think there would be much change left from a grand, to buy just one of her solid s/steel portholes+storm shutters. Which pretty sure are still as good as they were 30+ years ago, because they are literally bulletproof.
Just in case anyone is interested, this is an example of how a boat like that could and should look like.
Aside from the extended stern which was clearly retrofitted, she's in fact a sistership of the beached boat.

PalmaTarga

Visit site
The town agreed to take the bite on removal cost as the owner was unable to. It was either 60 or 80k

MapisM. She had squatters and had been extensively raided, however, I cant believe someone wouldn't want a beautiful boat like that for 80k in exchange for the expense of this demolition. It's probably a refit that someone could have made money on! A sad end.