Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
I see we crept past the 10,000 posts on the Esat Coast forum without too much razamatazz!

It certainly seems to have developed into a happy and useful little corner of the ybw world!.... I increasingly find myself visiting this forum first rather than my previous favourite, Scuttlebutt..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
For me, it seems to have shrunk the entire East Coast. There does not seem to be anywhere unrepresented for local knowledge, but it would be nice if the Swale, Medway and Thanet/Dover were better known here.

It continues to be a pleasure..

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Not been to Medway / Swale before a brief visit last month. Will definately go back again - maybe even this year WHEN we get a good weekend weather! Anyone else interested in a Sat night at Harty Ferry maybe?

Had always assumed (& there is no reason for this at all) that it would take ages but from B'sea I am probably equidistant from the Swale as I am from the Deben!

There again I haven't been to the Deben in ages!

Gin

Visit site
Hoo Ness YC has its Red Sands Race 12 July, ending at Queenborough. We'll be on the concrete barge there that evening- look us up.

We'll also be at Brightlingsea 23 August- ditto.

Club burgee- red sail yacht on white circle, black background.

Alternatively, visit us at the Clubhouse, plenty of moorings about but do let us know in advance if you are coming in numbers so that Christine in the galley(Saturdays and Sundays) is prepared- a Sunday roast can be booked in advance. The food is sensibly priced as is the beer.

We are a really hospitable club and visitors are most welcome.

The tide is a bit of a bummer as access to the shore/marina is 2.5 hours either side of HW.

I shan't enter the e-mail address or telephone number here but www.hooness.org.uk will find our contact details.

Alternatively PM me and I'll send you the addresses/tel.nos

Sixpence

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I see we crept past the 10,000 posts on the Esat Coast forum without too much razamatazz!

It certainly seems to have developed into a happy and useful little corner of the ybw world!.... I increasingly find myself visiting this forum first rather than my previous favourite, Scuttlebutt..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And all without a single heated debate over colreg's or anchor's, thankfully. Must admit my former first port of call is now my last, the lounge, and scuttlebutt only when I get time. Not sure why everyone here just gets on with it, but it's much better because of it, I don't even get the urge to troll any more /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site
Some time ago I mentioned that I'd like to do a tour of forts and windfarms and a night a Harty Ferry. Some local like alldownwind and other Medwayites seemed up for that.

I'll consult with my friends from Benfleet creek who wanted to go there too. I have a crew in mind for this trip /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Perhaps a local could advise but I guess a neap'ier' weekend (rather than a springy one!) would be better for Harty Ferry - less mud to carry the dinghy over!

July, first half of August plus first & last W/E in Sept are out for me already with Scouts / Family Holiday / Sailing Assoc meets etc! Otherwise as Mr Humphrey's would say "I'm free" /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Ditto - I check here first, then Live Aboard and For Sale (always looking for a bargain - you can't have enough spares. Or spares for spares). If there's time left, I might wander in on SB or PBO.

The rants, vitriol, xenophobic BS and the self importance of some mean that I now avoid The Bilge.

Sixpence

Visit site
Must admit I've been nosing around the liveaboard forum a lot more than I used to, though it does sometimes end up much the same as scuttlebutt. Would love to ask a few questions in there too, but not just yet. Can't stand idiot's and there are still one or two in there.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Can't stand idiot's and there are still one or two in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what/who you mean /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gin

Visit site
The hard to the HF Pub dries to 1.8m CD and extends 310 yards to minimum depth 0.3m LAT

MLWS 0.5m
MLWN 1.5m (Sheerness)

Neaps recommended, if arriving/departing over low water

Marmalade

Visit site
ditto - this is first port of call now.
Was at Harty a few weeks ago - good pint in the Shipwrights Arms - best to pick a weekend with a 8-9pm high tide

we're going up to St Kat's this weekend - Queenborough on Sat evening

CPD

Visit site
Average posts per thread - we are still the deepest, but shallowing. I should have been an accountant.

October 07 July 08

East Coast 15.1 13.5
Lounge 13.1 12.8
Scuttlebutt 12.6 12.7
Jester 11.1 11.1
MBO 11.1 11.2
PBO 8.6 8.7
Bristol Chnl 7.0 9.6

MoodySabre

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I should have been an accountant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to Jeremy /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

(sorry folks an in joke)
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
You cannot do a statistical comparison for a complete month, compared to 2 days. The time the forum has been in operation is irrelevant, it has nothing to do with that.