⛵️ 19th JULY FREED FROM COVID RESTRICTIONS - WHERE WILL YOUR FIRST VOYAGE TAKE YOU❓

nortada

Visit site
Overseas or just messing about on the boat locally. Bit of serious anchoring in Studland Bay❓ The empire strikes back‼️

Are you even afloat - late summer beckons - breakout that BBQ, good British sausages on the grill.

Or up to London to welcome home our victorious football team, back from lock-down Europe.????

Freedom in many guises.✅

Last edited:

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
The UKs government announcement has zero impact on the sailing community. What the EU does will have more impact on us.

I agree. All very well for UK "domestic" restrictions to be lifted but other countries will still be restricting travel with likely pcr tests and quarantine on arrival and maybe still some requirements on return home.

DipperToo

Visit site
Just back from 2 days in Alderney as the bailiwick of Guernsey opened up to the UK on July 1st.
The UK borders control seems to have reverted to the 1960s with departure and arrival forms to be posted in the mail (C1331) . You also have to phone on arrival back in the UK for customs clearance.
Guernsey has a travel checker you need to complete 2 days max before travel and you upload both the details of your vaccinations plus upload a copy of the NHS document you downloaded from the NHS App.
At the moment I think only adults with 2 vaccinations are allowed entry without isolation.
Plan to arrive by 15;00 so you can clear the Covid administration as you will otherwise not be allowed ashore and have to spend the night in a section of the harbour set aside for quarantine.
The harbour office were really helpful and you should call them on approach.

dunedin

Visit site
It's absolutely hoaching with yachts round here. What restrictions?
Yes the restrictions related to UK (or at least GB) sailing were removed ages ago, and July 19th is a red herring.
Just over 1,300 nm logged so far this year in domestic waters, all Covid rules compliant (including Lateral Flow tests)

capnsensible

Visit site
Been very lucky here in the Fortunate Islands. Since the beginning of the year have tootled out at least once every fortnight for local sailing, even if just for a few hours.

For pro sailing, flew to Barcelona to deliver a boat from St Carles to Lanzarote in April. Recently flew via UK to Guernsey to deliver to Sotogrande, South Spain. This all can be done if one abides by the protocols for safe travel. ?

At this very moment, Mrs. S is booking us a berth for Friday in La Palma and Sunday in Gomera. Inter island now easy.

Passage planning around cricket and football is a test. ??

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Overseas or just messing about on the boat locally. Bit of serious anchoring in Studland Bay❓ The empire strikes back‼

Are you even afloat - late summer beckons - breakout that BBQ, good British sausages on the grill.

Or up to London to welcome home our victorious football team, back from lock-down Europe.????

Freedom in many guises.✅

What lock down Europe?

1625400277959.png

Re-open EU

Only people from Delta variant countries are facing restrictions. I was daft enough to visit the UK and got quarantined for 2 weeks on my return.

matt1

Visit site
Plan to arrive by 15;00 so you can clear the Covid administration as you will otherwise not be allowed ashore and have to spend the night in a section of the harbour set aside for quarantine.

Or "To guarantee a berth for the night, arrive after 15:00" ;-)

libertyman

Visit site
The UK borders control seems to have reverted to the 1960s with departure and arrival forms to be posted in the mail (C1331) . You also have to phone on arrival back in the UK for customs clearance.
Actually, nothing has changed in this respect. You were always supposed to complete C1331 if going directly to/from the Channel Islands. I don’t think many people bothered in the past but perhaps there might be more scrutiny now. Certainly know of one arrival from France who was tracked on AIS and welcomed by Border Force after arrival despite reporting in to Yachtline as required.

Channel Sailor

Visit site
Does that mean we can resume making love in cockpit again ?

Maybe it’s more than that. Can be done in the cabin, with persons not in your normal bubble, more than 6 and more than two families! But it would be your personal choice for couples to go face to face without a mask for more than few seconds. I reckon those with Anderson or Hurley 22s will want to trade up to take advantage of these new freedoms.

Lightwave395

Visit site
Actually, nothing has changed in this respect. You were always supposed to complete C1331 if going directly to/from the Channel Islands. I don’t think many people bothered in the past but perhaps there might be more scrutiny now. Certainly know of one arrival from France who was tracked on AIS and welcomed by Border Force after arrival despite reporting in to Yachtline as required.

As a slightly surprising contrast (to me at least) I've just sailed from Roscoff to Falmouth arriving Friday of last week, my partner was tracking me on AIS and got worried when I disappeared somewhere in the shipping lanes. After not re-appearing for a couple of hours she panicked a bit and called Falmouth coastguard who found me and called on VHF. We subsequently had a couple of conversations and they kindly reported back to my home all was well and I was plodding along at 6 knots.
A little after I arrived in Falmouth harbour at my new mooring I did my Locator form and called the 'Yachtline' who took all my details and otherwise seemed largely disinterested, I stayed on the boat until the next day, loaded all my gear into the car (left there 2 weeks previously) and drove home.
I've since been called every day by the tracking people - it's a 3 minute call most of which is spent with the caller reading a data protection script

atol

Visit site
Maybe it’s more than that. Can be done in the cabin, with persons not in your normal bubble, more than 6 and more than two families! But it would be your personal choice for couples to go face to face without a mask for more than few seconds. I reckon those with Anderson or Hurley 22s will want to trade up to take advantage of these new freedoms.
Actually signets,hurleys etc are ideal for doggy style covid safe sex with the forward hatch open ,one can check the anchor lines and survey the mooring field whilst in flagrante' kneeling in the front berth,head and shoulders in the fresh air.........

prv

Visit site
one can check the anchor lines and survey the mooring field whilst in flagrante' kneeling in the front berth,head and shoulders in the fresh air.........

Sounds like the description in Coarse Sailing of using the toilet in a Broads cruiser with a lowering cabin-top ?

Pete