Worst port in the world today?

Dyflin

Visit site
I would like to nominate the 'Boca Grande' transfer vessel in the Serpents Mouth between Trinidad and Venezuela.

Two cape size bulkies (us and them) tied up to each other. No tugs, a constant F5 wind and decent swell. We used every mooring line onboard and were the first Souter's ship not to part any lines when we were there. The Boca Grande doesn't ballast as she gets light... makes life interesting!

Also, any tanker lightering, especially if you are onboard the mother vessel, we get no time ashore!

Although I have heard a few stories about a certain bulk port in West Africa which cannot be named for fear of sending former visitors into a deep traumatic shock, oh ok then... Nouadhibou. There ;0)

~Dyflin

<hr width=100% size=1>Well it's all for me grog, me jolly jolly grog!

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Murmansk

See <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.eng.yabloko.ru/Publ/2003/PAPERS/2/maxim_no_20_040203.html>here</A>

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

TC_COIN.GIF

anchorhandler

Visit site
Got to agree about West Africa, Just came back from Nouckchott in Mauritania, basically a pier on the edge of the Sahara...loads of sand everywhere, flying insects big enough to be saddled and.....oh yeah sand everywhere!!!, worst of all, being a Muslim country, alchohol is prohibited!!!!!!!......

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Re: Murmansk

You win. West African levels of port corruption, lack of amenities and meaningless hassle, plus Artic climate and nuclear radiation.

<hr width=100% size=1>Que scais-je?