Watchet - further problems

ribdriver

Visit site
Yet more problems for Watchet - Notice to Mariners attached.

In short the outer wall has developed a rather large hole in it - in front of the boat yard area which is located on the quayside.

'Keep away' warning amid sea wall collapse as gales forecast

Some fairly dramatic photos floating around on social media - of course it is getting worse with every tide. Now much bigger than the photos in the link (they were taken on Saturday). Whole area cordoned off, access to boat yard limited etc.

Attachments

• Notice to Mariners no 6 2019 (1).pdf
    94.5 KB · Views: 53

PCUK

Visit site
I don't think the developers will let it go at this late stage. It's only a hole in the wall which is the responsibility of the council and their statutory duty to repair and maintain. It may be just the kick all the interested and uninterested parties need to get things back on track.

Sneds

Visit site
I do hope so as I used to love to visit, so much so even got towed in by Minehead life boat once!
Watchet is our nearest proper seaside port, next one down being Padstow, a good 8 hours from Portishead and a bit far for a "ride out"

Seastoke

Visit site
Do you think the Marina will be accessible by Easter if so what time can you get in and what depth of water is in there when gate closed , cheers SS

ribdriver

Visit site
You’ll need to check nearer the time with the marina office. Last time I was there they weren’t using the gate as the mud level is so high, they consider there’s little point.

Not sure in their current dredging status either in regards to where they have got to with their own water injection unit (the one they have recently had built). So again best check with the office nearer the time as i guess it’s all a bit fluid (Shame the mud’s not hahah).

Other threads that may be of interest