To wee or not to wee !!!!

Rappey

Visit site
I like the look of the bayliners more than any other boat, and you do get a lot more for your money I think
I totally agree with you. Some roll their eyes if you mention bayliner but if you then ask them why they think they are bad most have no answer.
It's an entry level boat and there are lots of them so they sell cheap.
In flat calm waters sitting in the bow is fine. It becomes more of a risk as the sea state changes . It's about using common sense.
Hull shape has a lot to do with how the boat reacts.
Those Americans think it good fun to sink their bowriders by hitting reverse. Youtube is full of them.

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
Bayliners are a bit like Skoda or Ryanair … people comment when they have no knowledge! … and, thinking they're amusing people call them bin liners. Nothing wrong with Bayliners but that Chaparral looks tempting, and it's in Spain already - you couldn't find anywhere nicer than Empuriabrava for keeping a boat or if that doesn't work Roses across the bay is just as nice and always seems to have room ... just a short drive from Girona airport. The whole of the Cote Vermeille to explore which is one of the better bits of the Spanish coastline!

Bouba

Visit site
‘To wee or not to wee’
How to put this without being controversial......ahem....
it has been my experience that you cannot take a woman to sea
without a place to pee

ari

Visit site
If it’s a small boat you can,t just load it up with family + friends ......allow them to wallow in the front because it changes the weight distribution negatively and it won,t plane unless they move behind you the driver .
Then apart from no bog , nobody can ride at the front you have this major design flaw.

Best to see for yourself.

The complete opposite is true. If a boat is struggling to plane, shifting a couple of people forward to keep the bow down is a help, not a hindrance.

As to the video - you think a closed bow would have fared any better? The entire boat went under! The thing we learn from that video is not the suitability of bow riders, it's not to throw a powerful ski boat into full throttle reverse whilst planing.

Bouba

Visit site
Going by the boat name, it may have an English speaking owner to talk to. Service history for the engine and outdrive would be valuable knowledge. Also is the heads big enough to fit in and what does it feel like when you close the door behind you.

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
Going by the boat name, it may have an English speaking owner to talk to. Service history for the engine and outdrive would be valuable knowledge. Also is the heads big enough to fit in and what does it feel like when you close the door behind you.
Nosealegsyet is a lady so won't be needing standing headroom in the loo!

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Also is the heads big enough to fit in and what does it feel like when you close the door behind you.
My last boat seemed to have a reasonable sized heads. Unfortunately it quickly became apparent that it was necessary to debag outside then reverse in to use them. Not a huge issue on a cabin boat but on a bow rider....

Nosealegsyet

Visit site
I did it , I bought a boat! Went over budget but hey ho life is for living. I got myself a Quicksilver 555 Cabin, and im really smitten. Going back up north to pick her up next week, and she's brand new! But I got a really good deal from the dealer.I toured the main main dealers down here, and they didn't take me seriously, I think they all assumed I was a tyre kicker, or rudder kicker even. there loss ! lol.So a five hour drive for me next week, and tow her home.
On the flares side guys, is there a pack I can purchase ?Any other safety equipment other than lifejackets I should be looking at ? thanks