Timber Trojans from 1967

Bajansailor

Visit site
A friend of my parents was 'shopping around' for a motor boat in the late 1960's - he eventually bought one of the first Princess 32s from England. I remember going on board her soon after she arrived here and thinking it was enormous and sooo luxurious! (I was about 8 at the time).
Some years later, I found quite by chance that my parent's friend was throwing out various catalogues he had written away for when he was boat hunting - so I salvaged them out of the garbage bin, and have kept them carefully filed away since then.

Copied below are details of the three Sea Breeze models from the Trojan Yachts catalogue from 1967 - they were still building exclusively in timber then, and fibreglass was (I think) regarded with deep suspicion....
The catalogue also mentions the various Sea Skiff and Sea Voyager models up to 42' - again all in timber. I shall scan and post these later.

I also have a catalogue about the Lyman Boats range from 1968 - all in lapstrake timber, from 16' up to 29'6", and a range of models - I will scan these as well if anybody is interested.

TrojanSeaBreeze24.jpg

TrojanSeaBreeze26.jpg

TrojanSeaBreeze28.jpg

TrojanSeaBreezespecifications-1.jpg

Last edited:

Bajansailor

Visit site
Classic Trojan Sea Skiffs

Here are a few more old Trojans from 1967 - light years different to the modern day styling of eg Sunseekers or Sealines!
I am not saying 'better' - far from it, any surviving these days will probably need a lot of maintenance, especially in comparison to the modern day fibreglass boats - and they are not quite in the same league as the Faireys or Rivas, but still classic all the same, in my opinion.
I do rather like the Sea Skiff 28 Bimini.......
The Sea Voyager series are still to come - motor yachts from 28' up to 42'.

TrojanSeaSkiffintro.jpg

TrojanSeaSkiff24.jpg

TrojanSeaSkiff24Bimini.jpg

TrojanSeaSkiff26Express.jpg

TrojanSeaSkiff26Bimini.jpg

TrojanSeaSkiff28Bimini.jpg

TrojanSeaSkiff28Express.jpg

TrojanSeaSkiff31Express.jpg

TrojanSeaSkiffspecifications.jpg

Bajansailor

Visit site
Here is the final installment in the range of classic Trojan motor boats from the 60's - the Sea Voyager range.

TrojanSeaVoyagerintro.jpg

TrojanSeaVoyager28Express.jpg

TrojanSeaVoyager31Express.jpg

TrojanSeaVoyager31Sedan.jpg

TrojanSeaVoyager33Express.jpg

There is also a 36' Sedan, and a 38' motor yacht, but the page that these two fine vessels is on is half missing..... :(

TrojanSeaVoyager42motoryacht.jpg

TrojanSeaVoyagerspecifications.jpg

I also have a catalogue on the Lyman range of motor cruisers from 1968 - again all lapstrake timber and veritable 'classics' in their own right, which I shall scan and post later.

Apologies for those bands or stripes in the photos - I only realised after I had scanned all of these pages, and downloaded them to photobucket, that I could have got rid of them by scanning on a much higher resolution.

Bajansailor

Visit site
It is 01/01/20 and I thought I would resurrect this thread again.

Sadly Photobucket threw a hissy fit after I refused to pay them extortion money, hence why the scans of the catalogues above have been deliberately blurred.
But no worries, with this new forum it is very easy now to add attachments, so here are copies of the scans instead.
I have (since this original post) re-scanned the catalogue at higher resolution, so the quality should be a bit better.
The forum tells me that I can only attach 10 photos at a time, and there are 22 scans.... so they will have to be spread over 3 posts.

Trojan P 1 001.jpgTrojan P 2 001.jpgTrojan P 3 001.jpgTrojan P 4 001.jpgTrojan P 5 001.jpgTrojan P 6 001.jpgTrojan P 7 001.jpgTrojan P 8 001.jpgTrojan P 9 001.jpgTrojan P 10 001.jpg