Sea Toilet woes

NormanS

Visit site
No need, we now have Lavacs?
Hmm. When we had Lavacs, the MH pumps were tidily out of sight behind their respective bulkheads, which made them much more difficult to maintain. A thing that I wasn't particularly keen on with the Lavac, was the lack of seeing whether the bowl was completely cleared. It's not very nice finding nasty surprises from the previous user. ? At least with the Jabsco, everything is easily accessible if they need attention. But if you're happy, that's fine.

syvictoria

Visit site
Hmm. When we had Lavacs, the MH pumps were tidily out of sight behind their respective bulkheads, which made them much more difficult to maintain. A thing that I wasn't particularly keen on with the Lavac, was the lack of seeing whether the bowl was completely cleared. It's not very nice finding nasty surprises from the previous user. ? At least with the Jabsco, everything is easily accessible if they need attention. But if you're happy, that's fine.

Those issues are caused by bad boat design and bad usage. Neither are inherit faults of the Lavac!

geem

Visit site
Everything is surface mounted. Nothing hidden.
They have a really clever device. It's called a toilet brush?

PetiteFleur

Visit site
We have a Lavac, and always pump twice as much as recommended. Not had a problem yet in 15yrs. Previous boat had a jabsco, and flushed through with fresh water before leaving the boat.