Sailorman: missing in action?

Tomahawk

Visit site
Wingdiver ,
That is good news. We are still waiting for news on when we can organise a fitting up supper. I am hoping that Roger can attend.
Something for all of us to look forward to.

Kurrawong_Kid

Visit site
Spoke to Sailorman Wed.night. He confirmed the likely next steps as posted above. Very much like himself in mind, spirit and conversation. Satisfied that he had managed to lift his left arm up for the first time. Concentrating on trying to rebuild his weakened muscles. Realises that it’s going to be a long hard slog since he has been immobile for so long.

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Had another unexpected call today from Sailorman. He is now in the 'halfway house' which is only 5 miles from home so he is hoping for visits from family members in the near future. His speech was massively better than the last time I spoke to him. He needs to strengthen muscles that have not been used, whilst being in bed in hospital for so long, so that he can manage to get about better without assistance. He says the food and conditions generally are preferable to the hospital, which is useful. Still a long way to go but another step in the right direction. :cool:

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Had another call from Sailorman. The place he's in is good...great care, good food and his own room - all of which helps. He admits it's going to be a 'long old job'. Care and physio plans are in place. I guess the next step is to get him to a point where he (and, as importantly, Mrs Sailorman) can cope at home with a bit of external support.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Today, out of the blue, I got a WhatsApp call from Roger.

Quick update:
His situation has improved since he was moved from hospital to a care home 4 miles from home.
Being allowed to receive family visits has improved his morale immensely.
As for his recovery: progess has been made, be it ever so slowly.
He's able to get up and stand with the help of some sort of rack (I didn't quite get how that thing works).
Also, he is slowly regaining the use of his left arm & hand.
Speech was good and clear if somewhat slow and slurred. Given what he's been through that's to be expected.
He seemed in good, fighting spirit though somewhat upset about the fact that someone has taken a lump out of JB's transom while she sat in her berth.

johnalison

Visit site
It sounds like a rational decision even if it is a shame. No-one wants the burden of having to maintain a boat when they are unable to do it themselves. I hope the sale goes well.