Sail Exchange UK

Cowie

Visit site
Hi

I feel I may have be sucked into the Sail Exchange black hole judging by some of the feeds and feel a long battle coming on for a refund or getting the sail. Purchased a Asymetric kite and furler but dispatch seems to be a issuse and communication has all but gone.
A pity I can never understand why people are happy to take the money but provide a poor service seem to be the norm these days

I hope you paid by credit card. I claimed the money back from my credit card company when the sails I'd ordered from them failed to materialise, and instead they sent sails which were both nothing like described, and not suitable for our boat, and then messed me about for ages. It was amazing how quickly they then arranged for said sails to be collected after that!

It's been my experience that Kemp, Jeckells and Crusader all provide very good service, if you are looking for new sails, so I'd have to disagree with your statement that poor service is the norm, however it is very annoying when it happens...

Cowie

Visit site
I hope you paid by credit card. I claimed the money back from my credit card company when the sails I'd ordered from them failed to materialise, and instead they sent sails which were both nothing like described, and not suitable for our boat, and then messed me about for ages. It was amazing how quickly they then arranged for said sails to be collected after that!

It's been my experience that Kemp, Jeckells and Crusader all provide very good service, if you are looking for new sails, so I'd have to disagree with your statement that poor service is the norm, however it is very annoying when it happens...
Hi
They came back to me not long ago after cancelling the order, regarding a updated delivery time but I have a feeling this is the start of it. yep paid by credit card so good there. Perhaps a bit harsh on the bad service. I have had great and deightful times with North and Hyde.

Cowie

Visit site
I got my refund from Sail Exchange, I would recommend to stay 100% clear to anyone, same line and format which seems to be standard its been dispatched no we're checking it, no its getting dispatched today, couriers a bit slow and the excuess keep coming. Tip pay by credit card

DownWest

Visit site
I got my refund from Sail Exchange, I would recommend to stay 100% clear to anyone, same line and format which seems to be standard its been dispatched no we're checking it, no its getting dispatched today, couriers a bit slow and the excuess keep coming. Tip pay by credit card
That's a bit confusing.. You say stay well away, then suggest paying by CC??

jamie N

Visit site
In their defence, I bought a spinnaker from them 3 years ago, and received exactly what had been advertised, within a normal delivery time period. As good a service as I could've wished for.
Living to the North of Inverness on Black Isle is often used as an excuse for bad service by incompetent companies, but not a bit of that with them.
Happy to deal with them again, albeit I realise some had a different experience.

Cowie

Visit site
In their defence, I bought a spinnaker from them 3 years ago, and received exactly what had been advertised, within a normal delivery time period. As good a service as I could've wished for.
Living to the North of Inverness on Black Isle is often used as an excuse for bad service by incompetent companies, but not a bit of that with them.
Happy to deal with them again, albeit I realise some had a different experience.
Glad it work out for you, for me never again,