Runnymede Hotel

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
If , like me, you have been partial to stopping on the Runnymede Hotel mooring, below Bell Weir lock, to partake of a meal in one of their restaurants, you should be aware that they now only allow mooring there by prior booking and they charge £20 for up to 24 hours with NO discount or refund for eating there.

jecuk

Visit site
Re: Runneymede Hotel

That seems a tad shortsighted. We had assumed that was a good stopping place if heading that way on the river. Not paying £20 to stop there for lunch.

rr_123

Visit site

ah good, that is so much more polite than the reply that i composed and decided not to post (c:

Captain Coochie

Visit site

Thats the one directly after the lock isnt it ? Someone will be taking a swim if the ask me for £20 thats good beer money !
Thinking more about it thier fence ends before the public foot path so they may well own the bollards but if you put pegs in they cant charge ..... can they ?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking more about it thier fence ends before the public foot path so they may well own the bollards but if you put pegs in they cant charge ..... can they ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very shallow there - tho you might get in with the launch.

Captain Coochie

Visit site

Nope i get in with Cuchilo aswell /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I feel a pissed up tent party on the cards /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Re: Runneymede Hotel - Result!!

Just had a phone call from the hotel to say that they have reconsidered the situation and, although you will still need to book in advance and pay the £20 you will be given a voucher when you arrive good for the full £20 against charges in any of the restaurants. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Runnymede_hotel

Visit site
In response to the posted comments I’d like to re-assure all our visitors that the £20 mooring charge is not an accurate reflection of our current policy. We imposed a mooring charge due to a few troublesome incidents which occurred between non-residents and residents / diners all attempting to use the mooring at the same time. The charge will hopefully ensure that people wanting to use the hotels’ facilities can do so and those people wanting to just moor up and wander elsewhere in the locality will be encouraged to moor up at one of the public moorings instead.
What has not been made clear is that since the introduction of this charge we have reviewed the matter and since the weekend of 26th July the £20 is actually able to be redeemed in either of our riverside restaurants or lounge to the same value. We do still require you to call in advance with a card payment of £20 but when you arrive you can collect a voucher from the reception desk which can be redeemed in any of the outlets thereby negating the mooring charge.
We are sorry for any initial confusion and should you have any enquiries on this matter please contact me at the Runnymede Hotel & Spa.
Kind regards
Craig Spencer

byron

RIP
Visit site
Interesting. out of curiousity, the problems you have had. Would they be people going on the moorings and staying there for days on end?

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Well i wont be going there . In fact the memory i have of the hotel is some fellow knocking one out at the window as i was going through the lock . Luckly for him and the hotel we where just a load of lads with no kids on board but we did go into the hotel to ask for his room keys so we could give him a good kicking for it . The hotel assured us it would be dealt with . I hope it was !

sidney

Visit site
A good move and fair. I have always arrived by car, for lunch and dinner, but had contemplated sailing up river and mooring for lunch a number of times. Have to say the original proposal did already stop one visit on principle. So another customer saved and yes, we will now sail up, pay our (pre-booked) mooring fee and redeem it after lunching (also booked) in the restaurant.