Passage plans

Sans Bateau

Visit site
This year we will be crossing to St Vaast on Thursday, leaving Chi around 06.30. We will move around to Cherbourg on Sat AM. We will be leaving Cherbourg on Monday early AM.

Hope have some company in St Vaast and on Sunday in Cherbourg.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Not sure yet; I'll have to ask the skipper.

Best bet is to follow one of the ferries out of the Solent, although this backfired one year when we followed one with a green funnel and ended up in Cork :) (© Stugeron Steve)

Sailfree

Visit site
This year we will be crossing to St Vaast on Thursday, leaving Chi around 06.30. We will move around to Cherbourg on Sat AM. We will be leaving Cherbourg on Monday early AM.

Hope have some company in St Vaast and on Sunday in Cherbourg.

We loved doing St Vaast first but laying in supplies for the pontoon gathering is a bit of a rush so going straight to cherbourg this year.

fireball

Visit site
Current plan is to head over to Cherbourg on Friday - early start - aiming to be in late afternoon. Departure point is under review as it depends on the weather! I'm not bashing into a SW F6+ again ...

Returning on Sunday ...

Sailfree

Visit site
Tell 'em to bring their own!

I start it off with a selection of wines and beers and nibbles and most kindly add to the selection so please feel free to add a bottle and nibbles but its been so sucessful in the last few years that consumption has outstripped availability and I have then again raided our mornings purchases from Majestic to ensure the constant flow of alcohol.

Just like everyone to have a good time.

Pinnacle

Visit site
Passage plan so far is leave Portsmouth, arrive at Cherbourg sometime later having opened beer en route

This will probably happen on the friday.....

Wot......not coming to St Vaast??

Ah, I understand now...........you want to get to Cherbourg first!:D:D:D:D

fireball

Visit site
That cat will have more RYA qualifications on it than I care to think about.....:D:D

Do you think we should tell them that C'bourg is a bit to the left of the big power station on top of the cliff? :rolleyes:;)

Perhaps we should test them to a bit of blind Nav ...

To be fair we can tell them the berth number they've got to get into ... but the rest should be on paper charts, no GPS and a blindfolded helmsman/deck crew ...

:D

Topcat47

Visit site
I'd love to do St Vaast as well but it's a 18 hour slog at best for me. I don't fancy leaving Pompey at midnight in order to hit the ate window so I guess it'll be straight to Cherbourg.