New features since last year.

Martin_J

Visit site
Hi
Not sure if you are all aware of some of the new features since last year. For those joining since the last RTW you will probably have read the manual and know the features already - For those who have raced previously (like me) you might not have re-read the manual since a year ago.

Some of the new features to try out if you haven't already.

Alt + click on the text in the weather bar - Changes from 7 day to 24hr weather views and vice-versa.

Shift + click on the weather slider triangle - Gives a moving weather picture.

Double click on the steering compass icon - Will present you with more information regarding predicted COG and SOG etc. at your cursor position.

Whilst measuring (or steering) you can now click and drag the map.

New weather sound!!! - Although you can turn this off by unticking the box that you find in the ? (help) tab.

Enjoy ybw_mjm

Spyro

Visit site
Hi
Double click on the steering compass icon - Will present you with more information regarding predicted COG and SOG etc. at your cursor position.

Enjoy ybw_mjm

Thanks for that I'd seen it before but didn't know how I got it, must have double clicked by accident.

Martin_J

Visit site
New ruler feature as well!

If you hold <shift> whilst putting down ruler points on the chart you will see total accumulated distance as well!

Then - If you double click the last point (with or without <shift> key held) the ruled line will stay on the chart!

fireball

Visit site
Did you know you can create your own boat list - means you can quickly filter out all but those of interest to you - so I've got one for those who are close to me so I can see how I'm performing against them...

NHolland

Visit site
"Shift + click on the weather slider triangle - Gives a moving weather picture" - that became my favorite feature as for me it is always very important to know what weather will be to choose the right cloth.

skbj329

N/A
www.mobilecoolrooms.com
I believe there you create your personal boat database - way you are able to quickly obstruct apart every however that associated with interest with you - so I've got only for those who are close to us so I can find out how I am performing versus these people...

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com
Hi
Not sure if you are all aware of some of the new features since last year. For those joining since the last RTW you will probably have read the manual and know the features already - For those who have raced previously (like me) you might not have re-read the manual since a year ago.............

On the YBW website, on the Weather page, it says
Exceptionally accurate weather and ocean forecast data from theyr.com
theyr also produce high resolution data for their subscribers. The higher the resolution the data, the greater the accuracy of the forecast.

Does anyone know of any independent data to support the statement? Are the forecasts available on YBW any more accuarate than the GFS?

Are the detailed wind forecasts better than those at http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/farvandsudsigter.htm or http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/modelosnumericos/hirlam005?opc2=gal&opc3=vi or, even, http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/modelosnumericos/hirlam?opc2=sup&opc3=vi

BrendanS

Visit site
Hi Frank,
This particular forum is about an online race game, and weather forecasts are produced within the game. The comments are about the game weather, not ybw weather forecasts

BrendanS

Visit site
If you want to discuss the ybw forecasts specifically, then probably best to put your query into the Feedback forum, or one of the 'real world' forums on here, like scuttlebutt?

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com
If you want to discuss the ybw forecasts specifically, then probably best to put your query into the Feedback forum, or one of the 'real world' forums on here, like scuttlebutt?

OK. I did not understand the game reference and had assumed that it was somehow using the YBW weather page. That used to be useful but seems so no longer.

I will now withdraw gracefully.

BrendanS

Visit site
still worth a discussion on one of the relevant forums. Theyr was much debated on ybw in the past, and it split into two separate theyr companies who provided different services, and I haven't checked up on what either of them are doing now. I seem to remember they used GFS with human forecasters

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com