Mitchells Boat yard, Poole.

Admiral_P_Brain

Visit site
I used to use Mitchells between 1998-2001 for a 21ft sea-ray on a trailer.
Used their tractor service in those days before it went to racks.
We bought a new 26ft extreme and wouldnt dare have it there and let them knock it around, there not the most carefull !!

Berthing, not sure of, I know they have done a lot of dredging round the berths but are not allowed to dredge the channel out.
You will get stuck on anything less than 2/3rd tide out!!

Went to cobbs to use the rack from 2001-2004, now have a berth for the Tomahawk.
Cobbs are good, you just have to know who to speak too!!!

Blackfeather

www.blackfeatherboatcharter.com
They tell me that with a draft of a little under 1 metre we will be OK up to one and a half hours low water springs. I see you are at Parkstone next door, does that sound reasonable?

They say they are dredging the pontoons AND the channel despite what is said above???

smee

Visit site
THe tides as already mentioned will be a big problem.... for instance Parkstone Bay is often completely empty... and usually just at the time on one of the few nice days of the year when you might actually want to go out. They may have promised to dredge the channel but don't expect any guarantees that that will happen as their dredger seems to spend more time being repaired that it is in use!

Mitchell's also charge what is practically Cobbs Quay prices for what amounts to very little... no water or electric on the pontoons I believe unless that has changed in the last year, they possibly have one or two showers or did they burn down recently with much of the rest of their complex, and if you want to park close to your boat ie within easy walking distance carrying essential weekend supplies - forget it! You are just as likely to find you have to walk a mile around the local streets to park mid summer in 2005, as they are double yellowing the main road soon to prevent Mitchells overflow from parking there and blocking up the road, and Mitchell's use virtually all their yard in the summer with dry berthing!

Cobbs Quay at least have something to show for the ridiculous money they charge. As in, a fair size car park, services all close to hand - fuel, loos, showers, chandlery, electricity and water, so I would recommend you persist with Cobbs Quay - it maybe that its a small price to pay for having water under your boat rather than mud.

smee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Mitchels isn't under through the bridge, it's in Parkstone Bay, which drys out on Spring Tides

[/ QUOTE ]

To someone not from Poole it can be described as being on the Poole to Sandbanks road, "under the railway bridge on Sandbanks road and then fifth on the right" , so it is quite likely to be the same place previous poster was talking about, especially as it fits the scruffy description and is the only boat yard in Poole anywhere near a road bridge.