Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

AndieMac

Visit site
Just to kill the time while waiting for markc contribution, I can throw in a drone view of one of my usual October anchorages.
I don't think it will be enough to brighten up everyone's winter, but maybe a couple of minutes... :)

Your old boat was/is such a great looking vessel P, I hope the new owners are enjoying her as well.

MapisM

Visit site
I thought that was his new boat
He went all modern and fast after this :)
AndieMac is correct, Bouba.
Though she's not so new (to us) anymore, since we just completed our 4th season on her, but here she is, anyway.
BTW, the video was actually made during a Sep rather than Oct anchorage.
In fact it's a bit busier... Albeit still desert by SoF standards! :)

Oh, and talking of modernity vs. tradition, aside from my new frozen snot home, there's a couple of other peculiar vessels in the video.
The larger one in the very first shot of the video, with a green hull, was built in 1893 (yep, not a typo).
For the other, I'm not sure about the exact year, but she's a Baglietto (no less) of the early 50s.
Both timber construction, obviously.

Bouba

Visit site
Though she's not so new (to us) anymore, since we just completed our 4th season on her, but here she is, anyway.

Oh, and talking of modernity vs. tradition, aside from my new frozen snot home, there's a couple of other peculiar vessels in the video.
The larger one in the very first shot of the video, with a green hull, was built in 1893 (yep, not a typo).
For the other, I'm not sure about the exact year, but she's a Baglietto (no less) of the early 50s.
I remember your buying thread and refit thread (you removed the teak decking?). I just thought that first video was her??

Hooligan

Visit site

Awesome tunes……..ps anchorages look a little rocky, do you have issues re that?

MapisM

Visit site
Sometimes yes, we do. Actually, in the last video above the bottom is nice and sandy (at least, where my boat is anchored), but in the first it is indeed possible that the anchor gets stuck.
We deal with that in two ways: preferably, we drop the hook in shallow waters, like in the first video. I don't think the anchor was more than 5 or 6 m deep (as opposed to about 15 of the second video), which means that in the worst case, swimming to the bottom to release the anchor is no big deal.
Otherwise, we attach a sufficiently long and strong line (with a buoy) to the anchor head, that can be recovered and used to pull the anchor from onboard with a winch.

Bouba

Visit site
H

Eco winter tour then is it?
Yes, starting tomorrow. We are Teslaing to Cassis and then we will walk for four hours on the calanques. Should have a few good pictures of the sea?. And if we are lucky, there’s a great Indian restaurant in La Ciotat?. Today was stunning with the sea so calm and blue blue. I couldn’t take any photos as I need both hands on the wheel. Maybe there’s a way of harvesting some pictures from the cars nine cameras ?‍♂️