Maxiroach system fitting instructions

Tony E

Visit site
I have acquired an unused Maxiroach in-mast furling system, but unfortunately the person I bought it from had lost the fitting instructions. I tracked down the address of one of the former directors of the now defunct Maxiroach company and wrote to him to ask if he could help, but I have not had a reply. I am therefore appealing to any member who may have fitted a Maxiroach system and who might still have the instructions. I would be prepared to buy a copy from them, if necessary.

Pagetslady

Visit site
Hi Tony I had a maxi roach furling main sail on my W Corsair many years ago I bought it second hand to fit on to my in mast mast by Selden. I had to have a new luff rope put on because the one already on was too big. First question is do you have an inmast reefing mast? Or is it just the sail, if it’s the system meaning the mast or mast attachment then I am not sure how to advise if it’s a retrofit system I think the mast fitting can be fitted in situ, it depends what it is like perhaps a picture might help. Do you have all the battens it’s an easy task putting them once the mast is fitted?

Tony E

Visit site
Hi Pagetslady, Thank you for taking the trouble to respond to my thread. Perhaps my thread was a bit ambiguous or misleading. The truth is I have a brand new Easy Reef Maxiroach system. It includes a battened sail for a Westerly Conway, which is of no use to me, but I knew this when I bought the system. My problem is that the person who sold the system to me has been unable to find the instructions to fit the behind mast furling system. I have tried everything to get a copy, but without success. I do in fact have an easy reef Maxiroach on my Westerly Renown, but it is an older version than the one I now have, which I intend to use on my next yacht. I therefore have a good idea of how the system is fixed to the mast, but I would have liked to have known how the designers specified it should be fitted. I hope this explanation clears up any misunderstanding, but thank you again for responding to my post.

Pagetslady

Visit site
Thank you for the explanation sorry I can’t be of any help with fitting the retro fit system, I do remember a boat owner in our marina fitting one himself by hoisting it up the mast drilling the rivet holes and riveting it with the mast up. I have no idea what system it was but imagine they will all be much the same. Good luck with it anyway. Mike