Keeping a boat in the Netherlands

sailorman

Visit site
Yep.
€3160 inc tax for 13m berth. Elec extra.
Cheap flights by EJ. I use Southend.
Or, car ferry from Harwich when I have lots of stuff to take out.
Connection easy from Schipol to Amsterdam Centraal then free ferry (every 30mins) which takes 14mins to the terminus near the marina. From Rotterdam it's an easy 1hr 15m car journey.
Excellent steaks to be had at Loetje aan't IJ next to the harbourmaster's office.
Very good ablutions (when not abused by visitors).
Modern UK style pontoons with long fingers.
4 other marinas in the group you can use free of charge - short term or long term. Quite a few yachts come across from Medemblik to spend the winter in Amsterdam Marina which is less likely to freeze.

Downsides
It's not a service marina - for lift-outs etc you have to go elsewhere and travel lifts aren't that commonplace (there is one at a small yard at Zaandam - https://www.zaanhaven.nl - nice bloke). Otherwise it's a crane (usually static).
It's quite dirty - airborn grime from the shipyard next door and fallout from the chemical plant across the canal. At least you can wash your boat down though. Some marinas have restrictions on using the fresh water supply for boat washing.
Car parking is expensive - c€8 for 24hrs in the large adjacent car park (you cannot buy long term tickets - only 24hrs max). However, if you are staying for a while, you can take your car to the sister marina at Medemblik and park it for free in their secure car park. It's a train/bus trip back but easy enough.
Being remote from the boat means that maintenance interferes with 'quality time'.

This is my third season and, due to family circumstances, have only been across for short visits this year.
However, 3 week holiday coming up shortly. Woohoo.

I'm still happy to be berthed at Amsterdam Marina though there are loads of other options (cheaper) but maybe not with such easy connections.
Steer cloaofthose.alled.dutch st.it may have beenast in the randnational. Last yr?umstances

sailorman

Visit site
Annual berthing - Marina Seaport, IJmuiden.
Annual 13m up to 14m berth €3200 ex elec inc tax (same as Amsterdam Marina)

SYH 13m £5054 ex elec inc VAT (roughly €5900)
14m £ 5443 ex elec inc VAT (roughly €6300)

Quite a difference in price from the UK.

Edit: Seaport 13m-13.99m day rate €34 inc.
SYH 13m (charged per m) day rate £38 (roughly €45)

Anyhow, it's all academic at the moment.
6k thsts almoyth coast pricing

Graefin

Visit site
After seeing the cost of moorings in NL compared to the UK, the thought of keeping the boat there becomes attractive! I was mulling over having a summer mooring there and keeping the boat back on the east coast over the winter. Anyone any thoughts on the pros and cons?
Hi Jimi, if it’s still relevant, I’ve kept a Contessa 26 in Numansdorp this summer for around 1400 euro, and thoroughly enjoyed the sailing on the Hollands Deep, Haringvliet and North Sea. Thoroughly recommend it.