Help: Where can i buy Japan drier for my boat soup? Amazon says not in supply

uma

Visit site
Dear all
I am just about ready to apply boat soup to my deck to my 23m pine deck after caulking with oakum and pitch
while i have sourced BLO, stockholm tar, i a struggling with japan drier in uk
I have saved the turpentine link to buy...
Please help if u know it called something else in uk or should i order from US? i dont want to use terebines...
Is blackfriars' quick driers same as japan drier?
Is there an alternative i can use? if i cant get it in UK?
amazon had one ad for crown japan drier but shows not in stock...
I have looked up all suppliers but cant find any...
Also a site for cheaper gum turpentine and pine tar instead of stockholm tar could be good...

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Dear all
I am just about ready to apply boat soup to my deck to my 23m pine deck after caulking with oakum and pitch
while i have sourced BLO, stockholm tar, i a struggling with japan drier in uk
I have saved the turpentine link to buy...
Please help if u know it called something else in uk or should i order from US? i dont want to use terebines...
Is blackfriars' quick driers same as japan drier?
Is there an alternative i can use? if i cant get it in UK?
amazon had one ad for crown japan drier but shows not in stock...
I have looked up all suppliers but cant find any...
Also a site for cheaper gum turpentine and pine tar instead of stockholm tar could be good...
Did you know you can get Stockholm tar in Decathlon?
In the horsey section, for putting on horse's feet.

uma

Visit site
Did you know you can get Stockholm tar in Decathlon?
In the horsey section, for putting on horse's feet.
No, but thats great as i live near decathlon. I was going to ordèr online from horse section rather than chandlery.
Ordered japan drier online from ebay...to ve shipped fromUS

Munz

Visit site
When I can't get Japan drier I just add a bit of varnish instead, you want a traditional varnish like Le tonkois or "spar varnish", the modern polyurathane varnishes won't work, you don't need much, 1/10th the volume of oil maybe...

uma

Visit site
When I can't get Japan drier I just add a bit of varnish instead, you want a traditional varnish like Le tonkois or "spar varnish", the modern polyurathane varnishes won't work, you don't need much, 1/10th the volume of oil maybe...
Since i was trying to do my deck traditional way and am a novice...I followed traditional recipes. I recalled with oakum and Jeffries pitch and applied boat soup. I just ordered japan drier on eBay. I think EU got rid of it for uk. I know about varnish but i didn't want to add unlike I was aiming more for shiny deck