Greek restaurant in West End of London for tomorrow night please.

FullCircle

Visit site
To assuage my angst at almost being 49, I wish to visit a decent Greek Restaurant in London and throw plates at the fireplace or similar, near Tottenham Court Road, as I wish to peruse the latest electronic offers and take in the British Museum tomorrow.

Plate smashing not obligatory, nor Bazouki playing croony type or other touristy trappings.

Just damn good food and lashings of it.

Any suggestions welcomed.
If its a real recommendation I would take a tenners worth of taxi.....

Thanks All.

FullCircle

Visit site
All right, no resto then. I will starve and waste away. Tch. Some birthday this is going to be.
Still, bright side is that I am off to a Full English Brekkie in the Upper Crust Bakery, before submitting to the vegaries of the post commuter train service.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
The Apollonia in Percy Street used to be a riot in my plate-smashing days.

Don't know what it's like now and suspect it might be Hen-Night Hell (but p'raps that's what you're looking for? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

duncan

Visit site
the real greek is more of a snack bar (Souvlaki bar) but the food is good, if expensive. I have 3 free wine bottle vouchers but they expire Sunday............. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

the best in MHO is not actually Greek - it's Efes in Great Tichfield Street - only a short walk from TCR. Just order the full Meze and look forward to a real treat.

The Greek bit around Charlotte Street has gradually declined from it's heyday in the 80's with Anemos etc. Shame but things move on.

Hope this gets you in time

Visit site
I know a very good one in the EAST End....

It's called "Venus in the Park"

Next to Mile End Park on the Mile End Road.

I've been there many times over the last six years since son #1 has been at the Medical School near there but since he graduates on Friday, we may never go again*. The food is superb and the service fantastic. Sorry no plate smashing or Sirtaki (the walls are all made of glass!)

this is their website.

Steve Cronin

(* This is being celebrated at Langan's Brasserie)

FullCircle

Visit site
Well, thanks to all the well wishers, the birthday eventually went splendidly, no thanks to all you late answerers.
I am back in darkest Essex with my favorite birthday present in a glass besides me.
Aberlour A'Bunadh, cask 16,m 59.6% . Yum bloody yum.

Boat bits only one - my lad bought me a mini pooltable with cues for the boat. Chip off the old block, thats obvious.

Rest of it is mainly Norman Wisdom and Tommy Cooper biographies, and an absolute heap of classical CDs.

In case you were wondering if we starved - Nope.
We had 1/2 Peking Duck as a starter, it all went downhill and awry from there. The Macon Villages passed over the buds without pause or reflection.

Looking forward to the grind again tomorrow....... not. Or perhaps tonight as SWMBO has just sidled up and read this. No further report will be made on that point. Ahem.

Solitaire

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

The Greek bit around Charlotte Street has gradually declined from it's heyday in the 80's with Anemos etc. Shame but things move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

What memories that name/place brings back! I used to work close by and it was virtual the works canteen. Dancing on the tables - pissed as a parrot most of the time. I was in my early 20's then /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif