Foil boarding in Hampton Court area.

Time Out

Visit site
I have my doubts; propelling them by electricity doesn't magic away all the problems which caused them to be dropped in the 60s/70s.

I’m talking foiling technology as a whole. You’ve only got to look at the Americas Cup to start with. Plenty of production sailing and power yachts using foiling technology.

We are not talking Greek ferries and old Red Jets ;)

Last edited:

westernman

www.devalk.nl
I’m talking foiling technology as a whole. You’ve only got to look at the Americas Cup to start with. Plenty of production sailing and power yachts using fouling technology.

We are not talking Greek ferries and old Red Jets ;)
Fouling technology?

I would be interested in anti-fouling technology more than fouling technology.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
The props on these devices have nozzles so you won't get injured by that at least. The speed of travel makes the foil itself into an interesting blade like object though.

I see there is a new on on eBay for £3k. Prices dropping = more on the River.

IMG_20230911_091358.jpg

oldgit

Visit site
Assuming you have been on the sauce ;)

There are several lakes in and around Shepperton, Henley, Reading, Oxford, etc. specifically for this purpose. The Thames however is not designed for foiling surfboards!
On the sixth day the " Good Lord" felt something was missing no doubt and created The Thames at Henley and as an afterthought stripey blazers and boats rather to small to be of any real use to anyone 😊

Time Out

Visit site
Re foiling technology, I’m at Cannes Yacht Show this week and it’s always a great place to see what next season holds.

This looks interesting

Attachments

• IMG_8952.jpeg
    IMG_8952.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 40

Time Out

Visit site
Some great battery powered kit here as well as the crazy stuff too.

Lots of modified ‘Seabob’ type swim toys. Seabobs pull you through the water. These have been designed to strap on paddle boards. 900 euros though !

The foiling car is outboard powered but will go electronic however it’s starts at over a million euro.

Attachments

• IMG_9002.jpeg
    IMG_9002.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9008.jpeg
    IMG_9008.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18