Dockrell 22

tykes

Visit site
Does anyone have the dimensions for a rudder for this boat or better still a rudder lying around? Also a set of old sails that I can use as a pattern for making a new set?
I am in the process of restoring an old fixed keel boat so any other Dockrell parts may be of interest.
Why am I bothering with such a boat - well I enjoy the restoration part as much as the actual sailing!!
Thanks
Richard

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
There's a Dockrell owner's website - would be worth trying to contact them. Also a number of drawings and photos if you do an internet search for Dockrell 22 images.

Be wary of assuming that the sails of all Dockrell 22s are the same dimensions. Boats like this sometimes had variations in rig sizes with design changes over time, or according to what deals the builders could get on masts, etc. You can measure up the rig you have and deduce, or get advice from a sailmaker on what would suit. Also try scaling the drawings on the internet to give you something to compare with.

tykes

Visit site
Thanks for the information.
I had a look at the owners website but that has been inactive for the last 5 or 6 years. The sails are not too much of a problem as you rightly say I can take my measurements to a sailmaker however the rudder is more of a challenge. I will keep scouring the internet and may find one. I see there was a 22 sold earlier in the year in a bit of a state but it had a rudder - pity I missed it although not sure what I would do wit another hull!