boulters lock restaurant

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
While your waiting for Boulters to sort itself out, you could always join us at the WIndsor Get Together on 30/31 August! Nice easy trip from Bray and swmbo wont need to cook either. Free mooring as youre an MDL berth holder, free supper, and breakfast AND lunch on Sunday for a paltry £8 a head /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pauldennis

www.boultersrestaurant.co.uk
Hi,
My name is Paul Dennis and I am a Director of Boulters Restaurant and Bar. I would like to thank the instigator of this forum and would like to reply to any comments and keep you all informed of what we are doing.

In response to Chris D - thanks for taking the time to visit the site. The menus are not completed yet and areas that are currently being worked on are the Sandwich, Salad and Sharing platter menus which will be served on the extended 1st floor terrace. We have one of the countries top chefs assisting us with this project and my goal is to ensure that all of the food at Boulters is the best on the river however I can assure you that we will not reflect that in the prices. We will also be having a wide selections of real ales which I am lead to beleive has never happened in the past. I hope that answers your concern.

Ramage

Visit site
Better and better!

You will need a nice big pontoon!

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Does this mean you will be doing some dredging as well? Would be nice if the moorings could accomodate up to 4' draft, otherwise we may have to consider a case of depth discrimination..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean you will be doing some dredging as well? Would be nice if the moorings could accomodate up to 4' draft, otherwise we may have to consider a case of depth discrimination..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, deeper draught boats are owned by richer people. Sometimes they make people poorer:)

Welcome to the forum.

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Not too deep though otherwise you wont be able to stand up after you have fallen in walking back from said establishment.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

No Regrets

Visit site
1'6" is the draft of a Birchwood 25. Thats all you need.

Save yourself the aggro of dealing with the arrogant 'Rear Admiral' types* in their enormous gin palaces, they usually only buy a starter or something cheap, and then have a barbeque on board after criticising it, in order to get off without paying.

Birchwood owners are extemely hungry, and have plenty of cash left after a hard days boating, such is the economy of the little vessel.
Also, you can pack twice as many on your pontoon, thus increasing revenue...

1'6" or so will be quite adequate thank you /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Incidentally, any chance of a discount for Birchwood owners association members? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

* Easily identified by the words 'Broom' 'Stevens' 'Fairline' or whatever, along with a number in excess of 30 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chill

Visit site
That's great news, we were Friday night regulars at the Thames Hotel until we had an egg thrown at the boat while me moored overnight outside the park. Looking forward to the opening. If you need any volunteers to test out the food and moorings before opening give us a shout. Good luck I am sure you will do well.

Geoff

jecuk

Visit site
It is a nice run down from Marlow. Look forward to you opening.

And if you keep the max draught at 1'6" it will be easier to retrieve the Birchwoods after they sink.

pauldennis

www.boultersrestaurant.co.uk
Thank you !

After investigation the professional opinion is that all of the riverbed debris is loose and will be disturbed by the pontoon works. Also the EA have indicated that they would be willing to open the sluice gates underneath the building to help wash it away.

Sadly we can not dredge any deeper than the current depth of about 1.25m as the riverbed is owned by a thrid party.

apollo

Visit site
Nah, the B25 up at Sonning has more draft than that, cos its on the bottom.. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Boulters Restaurant sounds cheaper than a BCC BBQ and even a free mooring!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

apollo

Visit site
Actually I vaguely remember it was already refloated when we visited Tony & Maggie - I stand corrected

( I guess the CHIPBOARD soaked all the water up. )