90/180 days

billskip

Visit site

sailaboutvic

Visit site
As said in an earlier post, it's the carrier that will be held responsible, it will filter down to the ...no jab /test no ticket.
I think they are going to have to come up with a solution at the door of the plane.
Both flights we taken so far we couldn't check in on line ,
When we did go to check in they wanted out QR code first.

Last edited:

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Bot flgets we taken so far we couldn't check in on line ,
When we did go to check in they wanted out QR code first.
This happened to me with SAS. All isued boarding passes were cancelled. (Via sms text) New boarding pass only issued after presentation of the QR code. It took me three attempts to transmit the QR code due to readability issues. I was advised by SAS customer services to take a jpeg photograph of the complete document (covid EU passport) and send it to them via email. It was accepted immediately and new boarding pass authorized. I appied for the new bording pass from thier website which now had my QR code. All ok, and quite efficient, but 24 hours of stress for me.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
As said in an earlier post, it's the carrier that will be held responsible, it will filter down to the ...no jab /test no ticket.
I think they are going to have to come up with a solution at the door of the plane.

I would like to see a lateral flow test at the airport entrance, we found social distancing ended at the check in queue.

dunedin

Visit site
If any person runs the gauntlet, and tries to live outside the system so be it,its not something that should be considered as the norm.

So the Schengen 90/180 rules are clear - even if the degree of interest in enforcement is currently variable / limited, ahead of the new automated systems due late 2022.
But if somebody was unlucky enough to be caught by an official who wants to enforce the law - at worst case, if investigated and charged as an illegal immigrant, would one risk a civil or criminal conviction? The latter could have very serious repercussions.

Poignard

Visit site
So the Schengen 90/180 rules are clear - even if the degree of interest in enforcement is currently variable / limited, ahead of the new automated systems due late 2022.
But if somebody was unlucky enough to be caught by an official who wants to enforce the law - at worst case, if investigated and charged as an illegal immigrant, would one risk a civil or criminal conviction? The latter could have very serious repercussions.
Even if you were not prosecuted, it could still be very awkward.

You might, to think of one example, have had to leave your boat in an EU Member State while you flew home for some reason; only to find you were not allowed to return.

billskip

Visit site
My guess is it will be hefty fines.
Doubt whether anyone would want to get involved in custodial stuff.
If you cant pay, they will charge the dept against you and you can say bye bye until you pay it.
I think this will also become the responsibility of the carrier to check your passport validity for the duration of your ticket. It will be not easy to buy one way tickets.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Me and a mate got deported from Italy for 5 years. The stamp in our passports was very large and bright red, and going to other countries it sparked a flag to customs to take quite a bit more interest in our movements.

Other threads that may be of interest