4.5kg Calor Gas Problem !

normskib

Visit site
For over a week now l have been trying to replace my 4.5kg Calor Gas bottles tried just about everywhere known to man ! And the bad news for me is that I am now being told by main suppliers that there will not be any new supplies of the 4.5 size because it’s no longer viable to fill them ! Which is all very well but The 4.5 bottles fit into a specifically built compartment on my boat anything larger simply will not fit. Now what? answers please on a piece of paper ?

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
are these what are also known as Euro size gas canisters - if so we did have the same problem getting refills for our S23 sealine (they fit into a moulded section, so can't use any other type

Northern Star

Visit site
Have you tried Nauticalia at Shepperton as they had a good selection of sizes a few weeks ago when we stopped for a 13kg one?

normskib

Visit site
Yes I did try Nauticalia last Thursday! ! The Guy that operates the ferry could not have been more helpful ! We even went through the empty’s to see if one had been put in the wrong place !! but alas no luck ☹️ But thank you for your suggestion

oldgit

Visit site
4.5 K.................Join the gang :(............................There have been none around anywhere for at least six months or more ...............................and no sign of it ending anytime soon.

Momac

Visit site
are these what are also known as Euro size gas canisters - if so we did have the same problem getting refills for our S23 sealine (they fit into a moulded section, so can't use any other type
I had a s23 and it took Campingaz 907 cylinders as does my F33.
I bought 907 refills as recently as June and August this year.
There can be shortages of some cylinders due to extra demand during Covid.

st599

Visit site
Have you looked at refilling from a larger bottle, there seems to be lots of kits about although i confess
I dont have any idea if they work or not.

It's not legal to refill such a gas cylinder and can be quite dangerous if you overfill it or allow it to become too hot.

You can buy refillable cylinders designed to be attached to an LPG pump in a petrol station. Initially pricey, but cheaper refills (CampingGaz 907 is about £30, about £5 at an LPG pump).

There's a steel CampingGaz sized bottle at Gaslow or a few do 5kg bottles that might fit.

PilotWolf

Visit site
Wasn’t there a long thread about this a little while
back?

I was on FB for first time in a good few days and see home town area of Lewes is suffering fuel shortages…

W.

plumbob

Visit site
Seems to be no shortage of propane of the same size. If I can't get butane, will fit new regulators and use propane. I have 2 bottles, so that helps. I don't think they allow you to swop types so if you go this route it means a new agreement.

st599

Visit site

harvey38

Visit site
Get small Safefill cylinder, I use a 7.5 kg one, it was running low so took it to the local LPG man and put in just over 4kg, it cost me £3.90, unbelievable considering an exchange 13kg Calor was around £40✌

oldgit

Visit site
Get small Safefill cylinder, I use a 7.5 kg one, it was running low so took it to the local LPG man and put in just over 4kg, it cost me £3.90, unbelievable considering an exchange 13kg Calor was around £40✌

one of these ?

Safefill Medium 7.5kg LPG Refillable Gas Cylinder

st599

Visit site
The op has the same issue as many boats - a fixed size gas locker - very few of these sites are giving the physical dimensions of the bottle.

I'm seriously contemplating a Gaslow CampingGaz replacement, but would want to double check it fitted as the regulator clearance is small.