Zinc anodes

mainshiptom

Visit site
We have a company that makes them near by and a dealer that sells them cheap in the Canterbury area.

My Engine takes about 9 finger anodes so it is great to have a dealer close by.

oldgit

Visit site
Normal leisure bar and disc anodes.
It is mainly down to the number of hands the anodes pass through and if a fancy shrinkwrap package is involved.
Discover somebody local who actually smelts anodes, primarily for the commercial market, fishermen, small tugs etc and protection of piles/ pontoons or other infrastructure and purchase direct ,they usually will retail to private buyers. Prices tend to be very competitive indeed.
They do not have any real market for the more fancy anodes such as pencil/ propshaft or Radice prop anodes.

There are smelters who do deal direct to joe public who will supply all types of anodes at better prices than your local chandlery.
Much better of course if you can collect, P&P can soon gobble up the savings made with online purchasing.

GrahamHR

Visit site
Normal leisure bar and disc anodes.
It is mainly down to the number of hands the anodes pass through and if a fancy shrinkwrap package is involved.
Discover somebody local who actually smelts anodes, primarily for the commercial market, fishermen, small tugs etc and protection of piles/ pontoons or other infrastructure and purchase direct ,they usually will retail to private buyers. Prices tend to be very competitive indeed.
They do not have any real market for the more fancy anodes such as pencil/ propshaft or Radice prop anodes.

There are smelters who do deal direct to joe public who will supply all types of anodes at better prices than your local chandlery.
Much better of course if you can collect, P&P can soon gobble up the savings made with online purchasing.
Used to casting lead fishing weights, I used to cast my own anodes for the trim tabs and the engine anodes, from the remnants of old ones. using very simple to make moulds. Predominantly using the old outdrive ones, I used new ones for the outdrive bits every year. Probably saved a little on cost, a few hundred pounds over 20 years, but I suppose it's recycling, so good !

Parabordi

Visit site
We have a company that makes them near by and a dealer that sells them cheap in the Canterbury area.

My Engine takes about 9 finger anodes so it is great to have a dealer close by.
can you provide the name of the company that sells them in Canterbury?

mainshiptom

Visit site
can you provide the name of the company that sells them in Canterbury?
They used to be in Simmonds road just as you turn into the industrial area but can not see them on google maps?

In Faversham they are made and you can purchase with cash its made by

MME Group - Anode Foundry - Aluminium and Zinc Sacrificial Anodes​

The Shipyard, Unit 3 Upper Brents, Faversham ME13 7DZ