Your boat names (and ideas)

SimonD

Visit site
Please bear in mind that you may have to use a boat name over VHF in an emergency, and a name should be capable of being repeated easily without mistakes or distracting CG or other sailors. Simplicity, and uniqueness are commended.

Spot on. One of our boats we named "Moody Miss" and this was regularly miss-heard on the VHF as "Moody Mist". Also worth choosing a name that is short and easy to spell; "Serendipity" was a lovely boat but I did get fed up with spelling it out.

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
That name makes the boat sound as if it is sponsored by a fish and chip shop..

Please bear in mind that you may have to use a boat name over VHF in an emergency, and a name should be capable of being repeated easily without mistakes or distracting CG or other sailors. Simplicity, and uniqueness are commended.

Ha... and not really doing much fishing unless my girls want to take it up.

good call... need something simple that represents the boat ?

My fast boats are named:

Baloo
Ockle 3
Add2cart
Click n Collect
The Cure ( now sold)
Da Mooge
Wild Thing

The Cod Father is used by many fish and chip shops

Why not name yours ’Bought in Haste’ ?

Great names... apart from the latter ?

I've never hear of cod father in a fish and chip shop before... but then again I'm not a frequent visitor to these fried potatoe establishments ?

RandallStephens

Visit site
Whatever he names it, Tony needs a sticker that says “Don’t laugh, my car has 265bhp more than my boat” (Or 865bhp if he boosts the muscle car up to 1000.) Preferably all pink and maybe with Hello Kitty on it so his girls approve.

TonyBerkshire

Visit site
My wife was an officer on bridge duty one day & I radioed in for a VHF check
Stone sailing club this is the yacht "I want sex, I want sex" for a radio check please.
Unfortunately, even though she was in the middle of starting some races, she twigged because she replied "Station calling" etc etc
I also had harsh words about the correct use of the radio when I returned home

That can't be a real boat name? Are there any written restrictions/ guidelines?