YBW.com weather :does it work?

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
It is working

Just tested and there doesn't seem to be a problem. The exact target you have quoted is for Emsworth Yacht Harbour; to access the index you simply need http://www.ybw.com/weather

Silly point (literally) but be careful that the URL doesn't have the full point on the end of it as per your quote; it won't work with that. More likely solution for your problem would be to dump your browser cache within the settings menu so that you force the whole page to reload...something may have become corrupted.

Let me know how you get on.

kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

andyball

Visit site
Re: It is working

Thankyou both.

Kim: I deleted all temporary internet files : still just a blank window.......any ideas?

Miker

Visit site
Re: Standard ports

Looked up Conwy and got the standard port as Liverpool although Reeds gives Holyhead. Looked up Holyhead and again got standard port as Liverpool.
Also no tide table for Holyhead. Who is right?

Paulka

Visit site

I answered Andyball's question, who received just a blank page.
I got some map, and other informations, but didn't check the correctness of the info.
Anyhow, I don't need tide hours in the med. :)))

Sorry for the disturbing statement.

Paul

tadpole

Visit site
seeing the future?

What I'd like to know is how the ybw weather site can tell me that the wind at Portland Bill in 90 minutes time will be 190 degrees at 9 knots!

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Re: seeing the future?

We pull information from the main Met Office mainframe that calculates not only the current state of the weather at any geographical point on the British mainland but also calculates forecasts on the same basis. We give you up to two hours ahead on the website and you can get up to six hours forecast ahead via the SMS messaging service.

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com

We are not quoting standard ports as a complete mirror of printed almanac practice...we currently have a total of 24 main harbours that we quote and our harbour information refers to the most relevant of the ones on our database. We don't have Holyhead in our database, hence the reference to Liverpool.

There is a cost to us in terms of copyright for securing the Proudman tide tables but if we find demand for an area that is not well covered we will consider it for the future.