YBW Books

CPN

Visit site
In November I ordered a couple of books from YBW-Books. One was temporarily not available, so they sent one but charged my credit card for both. Since then silence. The book I ordered is still advertised as being on 7 days delivery.
An email to "enquiries@ybw-books.com" was returned as undeliverable. My second email to "YBW-Books@YBW-Books.com" has not yet been acknowledged or received a response !!
Has anyone else had similar problems? Anybody know who I could email directly, rather than anonymous names like "enquiries"

Thanks fo any ideas

Pete

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Sorry to hear of this problem. There is a name you can e-mail directly, the business development manager here at ybw.com who is reponsible for our partnerships matthew_harvey@ipcmedia.com. However, in this instance consider it done as I have forwarded your post to him.

We are currently raising the issues of stock availability and credit card debots with Kelvin Hughes, our supplier for ybw books, and looking for improvements in both areas. We will also investigate why your e-mails weren't being answered.

I'll ensure that you hear from Matthew today

Kim

Associate Publisher ybw.com websites kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

Vic

Visit site
I am afraid also the Magazines subscriptions are not working well.
I have subscribed thrugh YBW page for the PBO together with the preferential subscription of YM on Jan 3rd. I have received automatic e-mail confirmation.
On Feb 4th I have received the letter with the confirmation of PBO subscription.
I have send the claim by e-mail on Feb 6 and further 10th to addresses given in the above correspondence ipcsubs@qss-uk.com and ipc.subscriptions@rbi.co.uk.

No one bothered to answer these e-mails till now although the automatic receipt confimation was resent to me.

Finally on Feb 19 I have called ipcsubs to clarify the issue by phone.
Obviously ordering of extra / supplementary subscriptions is not working.
I was asked to disclose by phone my credit card no to get the additional subscription still one month later.

Is this the way the things were meant to work ?

Victor

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
No, absolutely not!

I'll get this raised with the subs department here straight away.

There will be a better version of our online subscription pages from April onwards but that is to make some improvements, not to fix anything that is broken. However there is no excuse for the support emails not to be answered. My apologies to you.

G

If YBW books is simply a cover name for work contracted out to Kelvin Hughes, it is ridiculous. You might as well go direct to Kelvin Hughes. The manager there is Julian Van Hassalt, who will always be helpful.
As for ipc media subscriptions department (for some years now), the least said the better.

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Thanks for that. However would say:

a) order through us and you'll get the additional support that we can provide - as demonstrated today when we responded in very public fashion to the complaint. The e-mail support addresses that were not answered were in Julian's department, not our own - he has been asked to look into that as you might expect;

b) if you have criticism of the subscriptions department then please e-mail it to me at kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com and in similar fashion we will pursue that too.