YBW.... a question

romany123

Visit site
Could you tell me why whenever I visit your site I pick up an advertising trojan
"Doubleclic"? I have used my software to remove all hidden URL, Internet history, cookies,
And scanned my hard disc for any other problems. yet when I go online, and visit only
The main page of your site, I pick up this trojan via my spy ware software.
Could you explain, and also asure me that my name is not being passed on to third parties,
For advertising reasons
As just recently I have been receiving a lot of personalised Spam email,
Which has never happened before. Don't get me wrong, I am not referring to the word
"Trojan" as a virus, only as a vehicle for collecting information and redistributing
to third parties. also is this the reason why we have been picking up questionnaires,
A few weeks ago, every time we visited your site?
I hope you can reassure us that this is not the case
If I'm wrong, please accept my apologies

Dave

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Doubleclick is a large ad agency and the device you are picking up is used to serve their media rich banners. You'll be picking up the same device elsewhere as well if you browse other popular consumer sites on the web.

The survey was simply a pop-up that would only capture data if you chose to fill it in.

It's not interrogating your e-mail address and any e-mail addresses held here are subject to our terms and conditions. So I am happy to confirm we are not responsible for your spam mails. E-mails captured for the purposes of newsletters are not resold and our newsletters all feature an easy unsubscribe option. Any e-mails sent by us are sent to individual addresses, not with long attached lists of other peoples' addresses. Forum e-mail addresses are not used by us for any other purpose than directly notifying you of matters relating to the forums.

As you may be aware, one of the major reasons for changing the system running these forums last year was to provide better protection of e-mail addresses for all users.

The only data we automatically record on log files is the internet browser type and origin URL/IP addresses of visitors in order to give us a statistical picture so that we can make sure that content and technical make-up of the websites here are consistent with visitors. That's common practice across virtually anything you use on the web.

If we solicit other data (such as for online competitions and surveys) that data is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

The ybw cookies used for the forum simply capture the data required to allow you to post as a registered user and to retain your user settings.

Hope that helps to reassure.

Associate Publisher ybw.com websites kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

romany123

Visit site
Kimhollamby
I appreciate your swift response, I used monitoring systems on my computer as I am a day trader, and money is moving backwards and forwards during the day fairly frequently. The reason for my query, was, that yours was the only cookie identified as an advertising Trogan, and it was traced back to your site, it may be that "double click" offer other services as well as the one that you use and therefore has been picked up by my systems.
I'm happy with your explanation, and thank you for it, and am very happy to carry on using this excellent Web site.
I apologise for the misunderstanding

Dave