Yanmar spare parts - Poseidon marine experiences?

West Coast

Visit site
Hi, I have a Yanmar 4JH5E, and like everyone, finding the genuine part prices to be mad money. Engine is 10 years old now, currently refurbishing a leaking seawater pump.

Can anyone advise a UK supply of good non genuine parts for Yanmar? I have searched the forum, cannot see any relevant threads. Looking online, I found Poseidon Marine (Yanmar) selling a spares kit for seawater pump at Euro 125, less than 1/2 price of uk suppliers. I appreciate the parts are non genuine, but any experiences of these suppliers?

thanks all!

jaminb

Visit site
I bought a new Yanmar temp sender from them last year - absolutely no problems 32 EUR.

Just be aware at your higher value you may attract the attention of Customs and import tax / VAT.

West Coast

Visit site
Thanks all, have ordered the seawater pump kit from Poseidon

interestingly parts4engines were not able to confirm if the parts they supply would fit to 4JH5E

West Coast

Visit site
A thread to spice up your weekend:

So what else could it be..?
Ha, had not spotted this thread with the cryptic title!!
My pump is smaller and simpler than the pump in the other thread, so hopefully refurb will be fine. I have done these before on a VP 2000 series engine and all was fine.
I had found a past YBW thread where VP owners had really helpfully listed various manufacturers and distributors for non official VP parts which was invaluable. Does not seem that such a thread exists for Yanmar engines, or at least not found it yet