Yanmar instrument panel connector

ianpandrew

Visit site
Does anyone know how/where I can obtain the connectors used by Yanmar on the 'old A type' instrument panel. Its the circular one with six pins, two of which are larger than the others to take the starter solenoid current.

I'm trying to make a loom to go from engine to panel.

Maybe an old loom would be useful to cannibalise? Anyone got one?

Engine is a 2GM20.

thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

John7

Visit site
Why keep it, when I added a tachometer I just cut the multiple plug off and used crimp connectors to join the wires together. If you use bullet ones they will be fully insulated. The advantage is you can disconnect at the joins, the disadvantage is more to go wrong. The most secure way of joining would be through crimped connectors with heat shrink with glue over them to fully seal the joint (available from Maplins). Put the length on before the join is crimped! If you use bullets you can get a spray on contact grease that will protect the joins from the corrosion problems on a boat (very useful stuff I use it on any join and connection I can get at, again I got it at Maplins)

<hr width=100% size=1>

plaviator

Visit site
connectors

Does anyone know how/where I can obtain the connectors used by Yanmar on the 'old A type' instrument panel. Its the circular one with six pins, two of which are larger than the others to take the starter solenoid current.

I'm trying to make a loom to go from engine to panel.

Maybe an old loom would be useful to cannibalise? Anyone got one?

Engine is a 2GM20.

thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

I am modifying my loom with new connectors to a C type panel so will have the panel end connectors if you want them. make me an offer. aviator at post.pl