Yanmar 2GM20 Big ends

freelanderblue

Visit site
I am hoping some one can help me out on this one, I need to remove the pistons on my Yanmar 2GM 20 in the coming weeks, the engine runs great, but is burning oil, I will drop the sump in situ and replace the rings and oil scrappers, however I have not been able to find any reference to the big end torque settings, does anybody have a copy of the workshop manual that they could have look it up for me
Thanks Gareth

steve28

www.falmouthgypsy.com
its going to be be tricky in situ, i looked at this end off last year and gave up on the idea.
The bores will have to be honed to break the glaze, and its a worthwhile job getting new small ends pressed in, its amazing the diffrence you will hear afterwards.

let me know if you need any more help/advice

Steve

forgot to mention, if the big end bolts have a spiral strech section they will be ok to re use, if the are just parallel bolts with reducded diameter it may be worth considering changing them as well.

Last edited:

freelanderblue

Visit site
2GM20

Steve thanks for your advice, checking the big end bolts and they are spiral strech, however two new ones cost me £22, i will start at the week end so will see just how problematic the afair is

thanks Gareth