Yamar 1gm10 head gasket

youen

Visit site
How do you diagnose a blown head gasket on a Yanmar 1gm10, there is no white smoke, the engine starts at the first attempt, there is only a small leak of oil.Many thanks

gordmac

Visit site
If it is working fine why do you think there is a problem. I have had oil leaks from between head and block larger engines as a normal thing.

Topcat47

Visit site
Are you sure the oil is seeping from the head gasket? White smoke indicates water getting into the cylinder and this is the most common fault with head gaskets as the differential pressure is greatest between the waterways and the cylinder. That the engine starts well indicates that compression is fine and that itself would suggest the gasket hasn't failed. The expression "Blown Gasket" explains a gasket failure between the cylinder and either the waterways or the edge of the block, neither are indicated if there's neither white smoke nor low compression. Oil leaks around the head are more common as a result of the rocker box gasket failing, or even the HP fuel line connections.

youen

Visit site
There is oil under the engine,at first i found à leak at the end of an oil pipe on the banjo screw situated on the top of the rear part of the engine near the air filter, i changed the copper joints and the leak was fixed.But later i found again oil under the engine and so asked an engineer to have a look and he told the oil was coming from the head gasket.But I am not sûre its not coming fom the rear crank shaft seal.So

rotrax

Visit site
Are you sure the oil is seeping from the head gasket? White smoke indicates water getting into the cylinder and this is the most common fault with head gaskets as the differential pressure is greatest between the waterways and the cylinder. That the engine starts well indicates that compression is fine and that itself would suggest the gasket hasn't failed. The expression "Blown Gasket" explains a gasket failure between the cylinder and either the waterways or the edge of the block, neither are indicated if there's neither white smoke nor low compression. Oil leaks around the head are more common as a result of the rocker box gasket failing, or even the HP fuel line connections.

When I had serious white smoke on a Bukh DV20 it was leaking injector nozzles. New nozzles fixed it.

Unburnt diesel appears as white smoke.