Yachting World Day Boat

skenn_ie

Visit site
Does the title mean anything to anyone. If so, I'd love to hear from you. I only know of one, lovingly restored, and in Crosshaven(Co Cork)the last (and only)time I saw it.

joeirish

Visit site
I have one and I live in Clare. It is in need of some TLC but I hope to get here on the water again this summer. Where are you based?

DR007

Visit site
I have a Yachting World Day boat known as a Rambler, Marine Ply on Mahogany, 17 ft with a 6ft 4inch beam and a steel drop keel. I have had her since 1998, she was built in 1957 and launched in 1958. I recently found another which incidentally is for sale in York. She has white topsides and the rest is varnished. When I first bought her I put a letter in the Classic boat mag and had three replies from owners as far away as New Zealand, another near Norfolk and another from Cork in Ireland. If yours is the same I would be interested to hear from you. There were three designs on offer in the 50's, One, as mine, an open day boat, then one with a Cabin roof which had canvass sides and could be raised or lowered and another with a fixed wooden cabin. These boats were designed by Jack Holt for Yachting World Magazine for home construction. Most were well built if they have survived to this day and if like mine, a pleasure to sail.
Sorry I have no photos to put on here but have some in a file.

All the best

Kevin Mitchell /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith 66

Visit site
These are one of the best 14 footers ever designed (by G O,brien Kennedy 1949) and have a good reputation for seaworthiness, there is a thriving class association.
There used to be a big fleet on the Southend shore, all but gone now, there is a small fleet at Gravesend.
In 1977 my father & i built a glued clinker one "Phantom" no 596 she went to Milford Haven does anyone know what happened to her?

duncanmack

Visit site
Just read your post.

I've got one in my garden - hull only.

Timber clinker original. Been faffed about a bit by a previous owner - he glassed the inside bilges.

It's a restoration project for someone.......