Yachting Monthly back issue for March 1978

PAULKNOWLES

Visit site
CAN ANYONE HELP? I AM LOOKING FOR A BACK ISSUE OF YACHTING MONTHLY FOR MARCH 1978. MY BOAT 'NORDLYS' IS ON THE FRONT COVER WHILE IN NORWAY. IF ANYONE HAS AN ISSUE THEY WOULD SELL OR WHO WOULD BE PREPARED TO COPY THE FRONT PAGE, I WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO HEAR FROM THEM.

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
Right, slight problem on this one.

None of the bound back issues from that year have their covers...This became a big problem when we wanted to do a spread of the 100 years of Yachting Monthly and we wanted every cover. Our individual copies (of which we have very few from the 70's) has Jan, Feb, April, June, but no March unfortunately

You could try the NMMC in Falmouth, I know they were building their back issues up, or the British library at Collindale, but I think IIRC the BI wanted about £75/cover image.

Sorry I can't be of more help, If you write in to Yachting Monthly, we might be able to put it in as a letter to reach a wider audience, but I can't make any promises

PAULKNOWLES

Visit site
Hi Dan, Many thanks for getting back to me. I have asked OSP for a scan, but I would be most grateful for a copy from you when convenient. I would then be in the fortunate position of choosing the best copy. my e-mail is: paul.knowles@azltd.co.uk Best regards Paul

PAULKNOWLES

Visit site
Hi Snooks, Many thanks for getting back to me. I'm fortunate to have two kind gentlemen who can forward copies of the issue to me. But thanks again for your help.

PAULKNOWLES

Visit site
Hi Richard, Many thanks for getting back to me. I'm fortunate to have two kind gentlemen who can forward copies of the issue to me. But thanks again for your help.

SallyCummings

www.rkyc.nb.ca
MrJumpA

I am also looking for an old article and photograph published in Yachting magazine in (1977) or likely 1978 about Mr JumpA, a FARR 38. Can anyone help me find it?

The original owners were Graeme Woodruff and Rosco Gunivinan.
John Wysocki and Bob Congdon bought the boat from them and they came over with her to do the 78 SORC and had some guest appearances from the first woman to sail in the America’s cup Christy Steinman and the famous single hander Walter Greene did a leg. Of note was that during this time they also led the World Ocean Racing Championship for all of 1978. The boat also won the NYYC annual cruise boat of the year while under charter that summer. The boat is currently being raced in Saint John, New Brunswick Canada from the Royal Kennebeccasis yacht club.

Sally Cummings
sally.cummings@saintjohn.ca
T:(506) 674-4205

Other threads that may be of interest