Yacht recommendation please

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I’d just like to re iterate, in the light of another recent thread, that in the med, even a long in the tooth Snowgoose, or Solaris, would fit the bill very well, as long as our OP doesn’t expect blinding windward performance. He’d be trading that for space and comfort. Tranona is right in the sense that you can only have it all with a bigger budget. A Dazcat or similar would be expensive. But there are plenty of cats potentially within budget. I’m really only making the point because there are so few multi sailors here, and it is a perfectly serious option. Like Baggywrinkle says, define your priorities, you’ll be happier with the choice you make. Mr Wrinkle himself sounds like an ideal cat sailor. They’re popular in the med as that list of requirements is not uncommon.

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
I’d just like to re iterate, in the light of another recent thread, that in the med, even a long in the tooth Snowgoose, or Solaris, would fit the bill very well, as long as our OP doesn’t expect blinding windward performance. He’d be trading that for space and comfort. Tranona is right in the sense that you can only have it all with a bigger budget. A Dazcat or similar would be expensive. But there are plenty of cats potentially within budget. I’m really only making the point because there are so few multi sailors here, and it is a perfectly serious option. Like Baggywrinkle says, define your priorities, you’ll be happier with the choice you make. Mr Wrinkle himself sounds like an ideal cat sailor. They’re popular in the med as that list of requirements is not uncommon.
I did have a cat a while back ...

Screenshot 2023-05-01 180746.jpg

.... but it went on the deposit for my AWB. ..... I would have a cruising cat tomorrow if it weren't for the marina fees.

Norman_E

Visit site
Its not just marina fees you need to consider. In places like Turkey big catamarans are a plague and some of the restaurant jetties will turn them away if they are busy, because they take the space of two monohulls.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Its not just marina fees you need to consider. In places like Turkey big catamarans are a plague and some of the restaurant jetties will turn them away if they are busy, because they take the space of two monohulls.
Of course they will if they’re full. That is part of why I suggested the older style boats. A modern 36 footer has s pretty impressive beam, probably nearly 24ft. Those older ones are about 16-17. Now, how wide is a modern 36ft AWB?