Yacht Legs are back!

Goldie

Visit site
Or at least, they will be very soon…

Given the number of posts I’ve seen in recent years from people seeking to find Yacht Legs secondhand (including me - they’ve been out of production a few years), I’m hoping that the following will come as good news.

I had occasion to contact the Yacht Leg & Cradle Co on another matter relating to my own recently acquired Yacht Legs and I learned that due to retirement, the company is now under new ownership. I‘m delighted to report that they’re planning to put the Yacht Legs back into production very soon with deliveries planned to commence early next year. Initially, I think it’s going to be the ‘PL‘ (Preset Length) version but hopefully, reintroduction of the ‘FA’ (Fully Adjustable - by means of a hand wheel on the top) version will follow soon after.

My communications have been with Matt ( matt@yachtlegs.co.uk ) so any questions or expressions of interest should go to him. He’s a boat owner himself and his company has been working with/for the Yacht Leg and Cradle company for years apparently so he’s enthusiastic and not coming in ‘cold’. I think he’s already taking orders and whilst I don’t know the detail, I think there may be an incentive for those getting in early.

Understandably, these have never been cheap pieces of kit, but they’re beautifully engineered and I don’t want ‘cheap’ or ‘built to a price’ when my pride and joy is relying on them!

Apart from as a satisfied owner, no connection with the company etc…

Graou

Visit site
Hello Goldie,
Thank you for the info ! I am quite interested because I am about to buy a rival 32, and I would really like it to be equipped with legs in order to be able to beach. Where I live in Brittany it would be very useful.
I am going to contact them, we will see if something can fit for my new boat... I have been looking around but never saw a rival 32 with beaching legs. Does anyone have already seen it ?

Goldie

Visit site
Hello Goldie,
Thank you for the info ! I am quite interested because I am about to buy a rival 32, and I would really like it to be equipped with legs in order to be able to beach. Where I live in Brittany it would be very useful.
I am going to contact them, we will see if something can fit for my new boat... I have been looking around but never saw a rival 32 with beaching legs. Does anyone have already seen it ?
Rival 34 (pic from Boatshed website)

1697995017645.png

Last edited:

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
Excellent news, we were very lucky to buy a second had pair from Mr Cox of this parish, as using heavy wooden legs would have been a pain when Y L Company had ceased production.

Some of makeshift metal ones we saw in Brittany were a bit over heath robinson the Y L C ones are so much easier to clip in place

Kelpie

Visit site
We had a set on our previous boat and they were perfect for our purposes. No nearby boatyard so we used them a lot.
The price of them is a little bit nuts but I suppose they would pay for themselves on all the lift outs you save...

matt03021970

Visit site
Good morning Graou,

I hope it is acceptable for me to post on here without breaking Forum rules (I am the Matt mentioned above in Goldie's post). I have had a look in the records Paul kept regarding Yacht Leg sales, and I am happy to confirm that we have provided a good number of Legs to Rival Owners - from 26 to 48ft.

In your case either the Pre-set Length PL30 or Fully Adjustable FA3 would be suitable for your Rival 32.

KevO

Visit site
Fab, our FA’s are great. We had to get the alley castings refurbed cos the ones we inherited were cracked and now they are good as new

Graou

Visit site
Hello Matt, thank you for the answer !
I understood that you will start with producing the pre-set length ones ?
Anyway I think these will do the job.
We are waiting for the news !

matt03021970

Visit site
Fab, our FA’s are great. We had to get the alley castings refurbed cos the ones we inherited were cracked and now they are good as new
KevO,

Thanks for the comments, its great hearing peoples experiences. On the point of refurbishing/spares, we fully intend to start stocking a full range of replacement parts. so will hopefully be able to help people out in the near future

Goldie

Visit site
Or at least, they will be very soon…

Given the number of posts I’ve seen in recent years from people seeking to find Yacht Legs secondhand (including me - they’ve been out of production a few years), I’m hoping that the following will come as good news.

I had occasion to contact the Yacht Leg & Cradle Co on another matter relating to my own recently acquired Yacht Legs and I learned that due to retirement, the company is now under new ownership. I‘m delighted to report that they’re planning to put the Yacht Legs back into production very soon with deliveries planned to commence early next year. Initially, I think it’s going to be the ‘PL‘ (Preset Length) version but hopefully, reintroduction of the ‘FA’ (Fully Adjustable - by means of a hand wheel on the top) version will follow soon after.

My communications have been with Matt ( matt@yachtlegs.co.uk ) so any questions or expressions of interest should go to him. He’s a boat owner himself and his company has been working with/for the Yacht Leg and Cradle company for years apparently so he’s enthusiastic and not coming in ‘cold’. I think he’s already taking orders and whilst I don’t know the detail, I think there may be an incentive for those getting in early.

Understandably, these have never been cheap pieces of kit, but they’re beautifully engineered and I don’t want ‘cheap’ or ‘built to a price’ when my pride and joy is relying on them!

Apart from as a satisfied owner, no connection with the company etc…
Just to update/correct my original post, I believe that BOTH PL and FA models are going back into production with first deliveries in 3 months or so.